Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The class of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by spen View Post
    Not received any pm
    I've tried again!
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Hi everyone.
    Newbie here throwing my hat into the ring for a 2016 attempt. Being realistic, that should say "first attempt" but its all about the journey and just looking forward to some big days out.
    I like the "Class of 2016" tag as it reminds me that there is a lot of learning to be done!
    Looking forward to sharing experiences on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkel View Post
    Quite if it's a low key Round what's it doing on the Internet. For me the BG was all about the recces and meeting new people and then being supported and supporting them on their attempt. If you want to do it low key then do it, but don't then blog about it, no longer low key...
    Sorry Arkel. Of course your right. Recce's and meeting new people is what the BG is all about. Last time I attempted was for charity and it all got a bit out of hand with the local papers and radio getting involved. So when I said "low key attempt" should have read "normal attempt" my apologies

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyStrider View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Newbie here throwing my hat into the ring for a 2016 attempt. Being realistic, that should say "first attempt" but its all about the journey and just looking forward to some big days out.
    I like the "Class of 2016" tag as it reminds me that there is a lot of learning to be done!
    Looking forward to sharing experiences on the forum.
    Welcome to the forum Easy and good luck. There is lots of good advice in the BG section well worth looking at. Cheers DT
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Daz I will definitely be up for that leg 1. Will email and hopefully sort something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Welcome to the forum Easy and good luck. There is lots of good advice in the BG section well worth looking at. Cheers DT
    Thanks Derby Tup.

Yes, the FRA Forum site is an absolute encyclopedia of ideas and info. If nothing else, it is good to know that am not the only one completely obsessed by the BGR and wondering which route to take up/down any particular fell!

Will try not to ask the same old questions ...... but NO promises there

If anybody wants a bit of company on their reccy runs then I would like to join you if available. I need to start looking at forum regularly but just PM me if you want a partner for day.

I'm finally going to have a go and have date set of May 20th next year and without any effort seem to have a great support team. Two of us having a joint attempt. We are both pretty experienced in 'going long' but both well aware that until you get back to Moot Hall, you will never know if you have it in you.

I have a few days leave left this year so may do a few more trips this year if weather is OK. I've done Leg 4 twice in last few weeks along with Leg 1 so getting to know all about it. It's harder than I thought !! Only part of route not done yet is Leg 3 as thought would save one of the toughest bits to last although I know a chunk from other races.

I'm planning a 2016 attempt. Tried this year but had to withdraw through injury on leg 4 - was gutted as I was the only member of the "DP machine" to not complete. I'm based in the peak district so a lot of training around Kinder again, probably won't get up to the lakes again before next year now but I'll keep an eye on the thread and hope to meet up with some of you for a recce or two.

Super Moderator
    Best of luck tdo. Are you Peak machining again next year or changing you approach?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Seems to be. Few of us for next year. Would a list of who we are and where we live be handy