Thread: Running in wet weather

Running in wet weather

Hi everyone. How do you guys take care of your feet when running short to ultra races under wet condition and through fells and boglands ? Does vaselin repel water? Ductape before the run? My feet tend to get extremely spongy and have full blown blister or loose toe nails. How do you deal with running through river crossings, muddy bog and under heavy rain?
    Thanks a million in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Ambit View Post
    Hi everyone. How do you guys take care of your feet when running short to ultra races under wet condition and through fells and boglands ? Does vaselin repel water? Ductape before the run? My feet tend to get extremely spongy and have full blown blister or loose toe nails. How do you deal with running through river crossings, muddy bog and under heavy rain?
    Thanks a million in advance
    Fell running/races just get on with it

Ultras I cover my feet in sudocream

Shoes that fit, cut your toe nails. Injini toe socks, Vaseline underfoot and medical tape anywhere else that rubs (before you Vaseline).
    not really had a blister for years doing this.

I personally think just get on with it. When I first started I couldn't manage ten miles without getting blisters, but I guess now they've toughened up.

Although I do go to the chiropodist for a general tidy up and proper toenail cutting about every 8-10 weeks. And also cover the soles of my feet with surgical spirit most nights after training. All seems to work quite well and generally have no problems now...

Although I should point out I'm a relative beginner of only 18 months fell running, so I'd give everyone else's opinion greater consideration than mine, but it's what works for me....