Thread: National XC relays 2015

National XC relays 2015

Anyone at Mansfield today for the national XC relay championships?
    Do what you like, like what you do

Can't make it, but we have a decent mens team out. First time I've missed for a while.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Yes, I was there with Holme Pierrepont (managed to get A, B & C teams out for men's and women's, which is great). Running on a bit of a chest infection so took it fairly easy, coming in at 19:44 which I'm happy enough with. Cracking atmosphere again, though could do with better provision of toilets (three cubicles in the men's is pretty lousy for an event that size, unless I missed others). How did Southwell get on? Gave Paul W a cheer when saw him coming through.

Thanks Sam, and well done today. We did much better this year, finished 2 spots behind your A team. I gave you a shout but I was probably too far back in the trees for you to notice at the time. Brilliant event, as ever.
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    Thanks Sam, and well done today. We did much better this year, finished 2 spots behind your A team. I gave you a shout but I was probably too far back in the trees for you to notice at the time. Brilliant event, as ever.
    I thought I heard something as I wen through the woods - thanks! Good to see Southwell do well too, Luke looked like he was flying as he came in on the first leg.

Some great fell/mountain runners out yesterday. Spotted Emma Clayton (now of Leeds City) doing what looked to me like a warm-down at about 5:30 pace whilst a few of us were warming up through the woods (congrats to her & team on gold medal in women's event). Also spotted DPFR captain Rob Little putting in a fast leg for Hallamshire; a good few other top fell runners also seemed to do well looking at results for the business end of the race.

Looking at the men's results it seems that all the top 5 or so teams went sub-16 on every leg, astonishing really.

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    We had mens & womens teams taking place

Wouldn't have minded going, but had other things to attend to
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'