Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eskdale Elevation

I was well out of my comfort zone but found a new friend (thanks Lindsay)and we decided to stick together and get round safely. Thanks to everyone at checkpoints for waiting. I was very glad to come out of the mist and see we were on course for Eel Tarn!

That was a good day out, thanks to Dave B and all who helped or stood out on the fells & marshalled in those conditions (and to GeoffB who I believe was on his own in a tent, off the course, with just a radio for company). It might have been a small field but it guaranteed that if I finished I would have, by some way, my highest ever placing in a Lake District race, duly bagged. Proper navigation & a rare day when you know almost half the field by name (rather more by the end of the day). Sign me up for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hills View Post
    That was a good day out, thanks to Dave B and all who helped or stood out on the fells & marshalled in those conditions (and to GeoffB who I believe was on his own in a tent, off the course, with just a radio for company). It might have been a small field but it guaranteed that if I finished I would have, by some way, my highest ever placing in a Lake District race, duly bagged. Proper navigation & a rare day when you know almost half the field by name (rather more by the end of the day). Sign me up for next year.
    Nice one Paul - actually I'd got my copy of the Guardian to keep me company as well!

Well, it's time for this cracking race again - this Saturday. The weather forecast this year is looking considerably better than last year.

All the race details are here. Let's hope for a big turnout - it should be a grand day out.

I would really love to support this race (alas, I said this last year as well), but 3 races in the next 5 weeks means I can't justify another weekend up in the lakes.

Fantastic route.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Well, it's time for this cracking race again - this Saturday. The weather forecast this year is looking considerably better than last year.

All the race details are here. Let's hope for a big turnout - it should be a grand day out.
    MrRTS will be there. His Race 7 of 50@50. Beau dog and I will be up at Whin Rigg shouting support to all with camera at the ready. Smile everyone :-) Looks a super and challenging route :-)

Yep - I'll be there too. Its a CFR club championship race so hopefully a few blue and white vests will be seen. My plan is simple (based on looking at last years strava traces) - to get from start to finish visting 3 checkpoints en route taking the simplest route possible.

general advice from up these parts is........Don't follow Bobster............

Thanks to everyone who turned up to run this race on Saturday, in somewhat better weather than last year.

Dave Jones has written a report, together with results, here.

Thanks to you Geoff, Dave and team of helpers. A cracking day, great route with interesting route choices, will be fascinating to see which lines become the most favoured in future years.