Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Intercounties Fell

Junior intercounties are : Sat 2nd Jul 2016 at 13:00 Country: England Region: Shropshire/WelshBorders Category: AS Website: www.merciafellrunners.org.uk..., think that is after the counties track champs

Quote Originally Posted by saz View Post
    Junior intercounties are : Sat 2nd Jul 2016 at 13:00 Country: England Region: Shropshire/WelshBorders Category: AS Website: www.merciafellrunners.org.uk..., think that is after the counties track champs
    Cheers Sarah - apologies
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    2016 Inter-counties Fell Champs CONFIRMED as Moel Elilio Llanberis Wales 14th May .
    This is an open race , County teams however can only be entered by team managers ,so if you wish to represent your county get in touch with your managers first ..
    Greater Manchester Mens and Ladies teams are both now recruiting contact GMAA manager [email protected] if you are interested .......
    Could the FRA put details up on the championship page please .

I'm organising a Warwickshire team this year... I highly doubt there's anybody who frequents this forum who is both eligible, fast, interested, and unknown to me.... but if by chance you're reading this then get in touch...!

Certainly won't be competing for honours (indeed the two fastest guys on my provisional list are both unavailable!), but looking to put a team of solid fellrunners out, rather than drafting in some unknown XC guys.

Pete Vale?
    Matt Elkington may be tempted if he doesn't make the Cumbria team
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Don't think Pete Vale is Warwickshire? Phil Gould may be up for it and he may have some other Leamington and Kenilworth contacts that may be interested. Didn't Pete Matthews used to organise Warwickshire?

Pete Matthews did indeed used to look after it, but has stepped back. There was a chap from Bournville Harriers who was looking to take it on, but after a conversation with him, it seems I'm more enthusiastic about sorting it out...

Pete Vale I don't believe is Warwickshire, but yes the other guys mentioned are already on the radar...

Travs, do you know what the procedure is for entering a team? Not much on the website as yet.

My understanding is you need to contact your County Athletics Association. If they don't have anything currently in place, I'm sure they'll be happy for you to do it on their behalf.

Once the online entries open, your athletes enter as per any other race, but select your county against their name. Then organise with your county to get vests issued out.

I believe its best three scorers from a team of four, for both male and female.