Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full tour of Pendle 2015

And a big thank you to...

The tossers who climbed over the gates at the top of Pendle and by the reservoir - Thanks a bunch you thoughtless bunts - Use the stiles or kissing gates, you were nowhere near the 'sharp end',
    a few seconds didn't matter a toss. We have enough problems getting land owners permission to run races without idiots putting future races in jeapardy by climbing over their gates/walls/fences etc etc. If you weren't aware of this then apologies accepted and please remember in future.

Thank you to Kieran as usual and all the stalwart marshals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    I clocked it at 13.92 miles
    Did you manage to get the ascent stats, Darren?
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Did you manage to get the ascent stats, Darren?
    2,700' or 3,200' depending on how fancy your GPS device is

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Good un' Daz, but you're selling us short . 422 registered and I was with "Mapper" of this parish when he counted the 422nd into the start area.........
    Yep, it was 422 alright.
    I'd just like to say thanks to all the runners for being patient while you were being counted through the start funnel. It only took about 5 minutes but my right thumb operating the clicker was suffering from RSI by the time you all got through.
    After the race started I moved to CP 4 at the bottom of 'Geronimo'. I'm usually in this race and watching my own steps, so this time it was a treat for me to watch the spectacular slides near the bottom of the descent. I reckon there'll be some sore backsides today.........
    See the light in the night

Armed with the statistics - thank you barnyc, I've gone with a round 3000 - I can now revise my earlier estimate that this was a 3/4 Tour of Pendle. Taking both ascent and distance into account, I can exclusively reveal the 32nd race to have been a 29/40 Tour of Pendle.

More or less.

I mean, I wouldn't want to be too pernickety...

As for the spectacular slides at the bottom of Geronimo, I'd like to put in a claim for a belter. It was made even better by being entirely painless. No soreness at all today, Mapper!
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Super Moderator
    Good to read you're back racing Tussockface even if you're only doing part races these days
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Sorry Tussockface, my old garmin doesn't do the fancy stuff but 3000 sounds about right...happy sliding.

One of my Strava mates had 2714ft and looking at a few others that seems bout right.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

825 metres seems to be about the measure on Strava, but my brother's top end Garmin (with altimeter) gave it as just over 1000 metres.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    825 metres seems to be about the measure on Strava, but my brother's top end Garmin (with altimeter) gave it as just over 1000 metres.
    Thanks, Pat, for giving us some meaningful units, rather than those ridiculous American ones!! (Apologies to anyone who still has a map with 50ft. contours on it.)