Thread: FR club map

FR club map

I'm looking for a list of British fellrunning clubs and a map that shows where they are all based. Has anyone come across such a thing?

Super Moderator
    Solely fellrunning clubs, or clubs with an interest in fellrunning?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

You can get a list of clubs off UKA website but you cannot establish which ones affiliate to fell running.
    If you apply the keyword "fell" to the search it gives you clubs with fell in their name but that is only a small % of the actual clubs involved.

England Athletics has a similar clubfinder with a map element and if you apply keyword "fell" it appears to give a broader result, but I can see it is still missing out on some clubs, so not an accurate list.

There's no reason why it shouldn't be available. Every affiliated club annually declares the disciplines it affiliates for from track and field, cross country, road, fell, race walking, trail running.
    I can't see why that can't be published - it wouldd make it easier for runners to find aa club in their area that caters for what they want.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

The FRA link page lists fell running clubs, I'm not sure that it is comprehensive especially for Scotland, Wales and NI but it may be a start. It is not linked to a map either but you can fairly easily work out which area each one represents.

Scottish Hill Racing has a comprehensive Scottish club list.

I stand to be corrected.... but when you join the FRA via the SI Entries website, don't you have a drop-down menu to choose your club, where every affiliated fell club is listed. I know I've seen a full list somewhere, and i'm sure that's where...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I stand to be corrected.... but when you join the FRA via the SI Entries website, don't you have a drop-down menu to choose your club, where every affiliated fell club is listed. I know I've seen a full list somewhere, and i'm sure that's where...
    That list is just a list of all clubs registered with English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish NGBs. Including the Welsh Pole Vault Association!

There are about 15 fell only clubs - Charmian Heaton at the FRA will have a list specifically of these due to the UKA registration issues she has recently sorted out.

Mercia covers Shropshire, Montgomeryshire, south Staffs, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and north Herefordshire but we have many members further afield. We don't have a base as such, but most events are centred around South Shropshire (Church Stretton in particular) and there is also a training group which meets on the Wrekin near Telford every Thursday.

Jim
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

http://midlands-fell.blogspot.com/

I have just had a quick look and there are currently 416 EA clubs affiliated for Fell Running. Of these the following 13 clubs are affiliated for Fell Only

Achille Ratti
    Borrowdale
    Bowland
    Calder Valley
    Cheshire Hill Racers
    Dark Peak
    Durham
    Esk Valley
    Mercia
    North Leeds
    Northumberland
    Pennine
    She Can....Run Kettering Ladies

If you need a list of all the fell clubs then please drop me a line on [email protected]
    Charmian Heaton