Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1320

Thread: Calderdale Way Relay

Many thanks to Halifax Harriers for putting on this HUGE event.

We thank you all for turning up and taking part in what is one of the highlights of the fell running year. It is a fantastic day for us all at Halifax Harriers....and it certainly is hard graft.... but it is worth it to see so many people laughing and smiling (once the pain has receded). Aside from the chump who decided ignore all the "please use the toilets provided" signs and choose the worst possible resident's wall to relieve himself against at Blackshaw Head, all I could see was happy, responsible runners enjoying the day, safely and considerately. We look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Many thanks from all at Meltham AC for another great day out. Our third year at the Relay and for what is a small club we really look forward to it now as one of the highlights of the year. On a more serious note, one of our Leg 5 runners was taken ill during the race and we would like to report that he is now home and well. Massive thanks to Mountain Rescue for all their help in getting him safe.
    Shaved my dreads off...now just 'Jeff'...

Cracking event as always Halifax, well done guys. Well done to Wharfedale, right battle all the way to the finish. Hopefully Calder Valley will have a full team out next year so we can all have a right go at each other. Hopefully I'll be stone or two lighter so I can run well!

Ps did anyone find a bum bag at the end of leg 3? I think I left it on the wall at the bottom of the finish area.

Yes Chewy, I picked it up. There was a sweater as well. Richard Corney, the race director has your bum bag. I will let him know.

Top man thank you.

Logistics: the detailed organisation and implementation of a complex operation.....otherwise known as Calderdale Way Relay.

First and foremost a massive thank you to all at Halifax Harriers for what must be a logistical nightmare for those involved in organising an event of this magnitude. Each leg seems to gracefully move on, a picture of elegance like a swan on a lake....but hidden out of view, like the legs of a swan, people will be flapping like f**k making sure of a smooth operation.

Next up is the job of the team captains, we all have them, they get our arses in gear and do a fantastic job...thank you Martin and Mark for all your efforts in assembling a Chorley team. Some runners, myself included, couldn't organise a bun fight in a bakery. If I get asked to do two different tasks I will invariably forget one: " have you put the bins out?"...."yeah, the bins are out"...."have you put the washing in the dryer?"...."oh blimey, I knew there was something else".

Such is the variety of the relays it gives clubs the opportunity to muster up all manner of teams: open, ladies, mixed and vets. Some clubs seemed to have a team in every category. We kept it simple at Chorley by entering just the one open team....after Halifax FC beat Chorley FC in the playoffs last weekend I think another trip to Yorkshire in the space of a week was just too soon for some.

What never ceases to amaze me are the start and finish locations of the different legs. One year I ended up in someone's driveway after following my sat-nav..."you have arrived at your destination"...the lady feeding her horse ( no that's not a euphemism ) thought differently and wasn't shy in telling me of her feelings towards in-car satellite navigation systems....given her reaction I think it was a regular occurrence, either that or she was seriously mental.

Thankfully this year I had no sat-nav issues but did have a navigational issue by missing a stile during leg 3. Much head scratching occurred before said stile was eventually located, in fairness it was hard to spot but a reccy should've been squeezed in between races....lesson learnt, I've ran around these parts enough to realise the legs need to be kept fresh in the memory given their sometimes tricky route finding nature....roll on next year.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Banned
    Aye, Lancastrian, you have a lot to learn.

I would expect a man like you to have completed all 6 legs in competition dress with number.

Another good effort and write up��