Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1320

Thread: Calderdale Way Relay

TBH, Sale prefer the summer dates instead of the winter. Starting in the light is far better, the running is alot nicer with faster ground and the finish has a better feel to it with everyone outside.
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Cwr feedback

Quote Originally Posted by manothemoors View Post
    Mlounsey, I think you'll do it. It's a shame that some of the other so called "top" fell running teams are still playing "take my bat home" and refusing to support the event (hello Bingley). Perhaps they are afraid you'll spank them. What you, Karl and Gavin demonstrated was that it is possible to come and be competitive even during the fixture packed month of May. Anyway, as you know, it is still one of the best days out in the calendar and enjoyed by the 90 teams that did show up.

All of the photos, including the finish, are now up on the Halifax Harriers flickr site. Some quite amusing images (hello Chewbacca)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/halifaxharriers/
    Thanks very much for the compliments mom. This is the biggest relay in the uk and its a pleasure to participate. I was gonna dump inters in favour. Thats how much it means. I aint doin no 1:08. Leg 1 is too flat for me n then when i did hit climbs my legs wudnt work. Mulounsey partnership wud need a younger pup haha. I tip my hat to the harriers for organisin this leviathon. Ps im sure i saw some bingley boys in barlick. They may be new kids on block but quality team. Proud we've done back to back tho.

Leg 4 for you next year then Elf.

Does anyone know when the entry forms are out for this please?
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

I'll check for you.

OK, here's a message from the RO.

Halifax Harriers Calderdale Way Relay 15th May 2016 - entry notification

The race will be held on 15th May. Details are available at www.halifaxharriers.co.uk
    We have again added the following prizes to tempt you to challenge individual leg and overall race records·For the first male team, and / or female team to set a new course record a prize of £300.00 per team will be awarded.·For a pair that break any of the individual leg records a prize of £100.00 per pair will be awarded.In view of recent rule changes introduced by the FRA, we will have to be very stringent on the kit carried, and this will have to apply to the whole team, otherwise this will result in team disqualification, which is an outcome we would obviously prefer to avoid. Full details of the requirements will be included in the race instructions but please ensure that your whole team is aware of these in the run up to the event. To try and save on trees and stamps, should you wish to enter any teams, please email a completed copy of the attached entry form, and also confirm when your entry fee has been paid - ideally this should be via a BACS payment to the account details below (if you need to pay by cheque please let me know and I will let you have address details) Please note the entry fee is £66 this year BACS payment to the Halifax Harriers Account as detailed in the entry form. Please also quote the following, CWR 2016 and include your club name (abbreviated if necessary) and the number of teams entered e.g. CWR 2016 Hfx Harriers x 4 On receipt of your entry fee, you will then be allocated place(s) for the event and will receive full race instructions. Kind Regards, Sue Corney

You can download the entry form at the CWR page of our website.
    http://www.halifaxharriers.co.uk/clu...ale-way-relay/

Best of luck and look forward to seeing you on May 15th
    Last edited by manothemoors; 20-01-2016 at 06:11 PM.

OK folks, the 2016 Calderdale Way Relay is now full, so no more entries please. We look forward to giving you all a warm welcome on the 15th.

We are holding recces. Please see the race page for details http://www.halifaxharriers.co.uk/clu...ale-way-relay/

If you are thinking of coming to one of our organised recces (if you haven't run your particular leg before, this is recommended) please drop the relevant recce leader a text to let them know. It always helps us to know how many to expect.

Those coming to the Leg 3 recce, I will see you at Blackshaw Head (or Todmorden, if you are running both ways). Please park considerately at Blackshaw Head.

If you are running Leg 3 or Leg 4, you will have the pleasure of my company at the Blackshaw Head changeover. Be sure to say hello (I'll probably be the fella shouting at you....in the nicest possible way).

Hi.
    I'm sure it's been asked on here already, sorry. Are there any maps of the legs in OS format. I found legs 4 and 5 on racemaps.org.uk.
    Thanks.

The only maps I know of are the ones on the race page on our site.

Banned
    And they are off and running.
    Nice fast conditions for record times.