Thread: Winter BG - Flood Appeal

Winter BG - Flood Appeal

Apologies for the duplication of threads here but I just want to ensure I reach as many people as possible. Below is a copy of my thread in the Bob Graham section:

Supported by our clubmates from Cumberland Fell Runners, me, Mick Allen and Mario Yeomans, will be attempting a Winter BG round on the weekend of Friday 8th/Saturday 9th January. We will be raising money for the Cumbrian Community Foundation flood appeal. If you feel you would like to offer some cash you can do so either through our page or the official CCF page:

https://www.justgiving.com/Mick-Allen6

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...loodappeal2015

It goes without saying that we have all been shocked and saddened at what we have seen in the area over the last few days. It will take many, many months for homes, infrastructures and communities to be restored. We were already planning on doing a round (our original date was the weekend just gone!). If we can raise some cash in the process then that can only help (albeit in a small way) for the area to get back on its feet.

Thank you in advance for your generosity

Paul Johnson

Nice one guys. We have donated through the flood appeal page. So sad what has happened. We wish them all the best x

Thanks RTS. appreciated.

I've been looking for a good way to contribute to the Flood Appeal - this is about as close to my heart as it gets. Good luck lads!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I've been looking for a good way to contribute to the Flood Appeal - this is about as close to my heart as it gets. Good luck lads!
    Thanks martyn. Very kind of you. We'll be having a tracker courtesy of James at Open Tracking so you'll be able to keep an eye on our progress. Just hope the weather improves.

The bridge from Threlkeld across to Newsham is on the list for inspection, I don't think it is open at the moment, could mean a lengthy diversion. Good luck!
    A circular route mostly downhill

Quote Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    The bridge from Threlkeld across to Newsham is on the list for inspection, I don't think it is open at the moment, could mean a lengthy diversion. Good luck!
    Thanks Chris. Useful information. Will need to keep an eye on the situation.