Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour de Helvellyn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tour de Helvellyn

Anyone know if TdH is still on, given the flood damage? Nav4 Adventure web site and facebook page says nothing, other than one unanswered question as to whether it's still going ahead and if not can we all volunteer for some clear up duties?

Surely emailing the organizer is your best bet ?

Didn't want to add to his difficulties by being one of many who might do, so thought I'd ask here at the oracle
    Anyway, an email via SI Entries has landed saying no decision yet made, further email likely tomorrow

Joe sent an email out on Friday to say it was still on. There should be another email going out on Wednesday to set out the inevitable last-minute changes. The damage is mostly in the valleys, but it looks like he can get CP teams to all the CPs. The hills are generally OK, although going will be rougher than usual. In Joe's own words "game on".
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Cheers splatcher, looking forward to it, plus adding a few shekels to the local economy just in case the petition I signed to get the government to fix the A591 doesn't stir things up

Well that's me packed & ready to set off. Met Office rain warning for tomorrow, which could make it interesting. The current forecast is for heavy rain in the early hours, then stopping, then restarting late afternoon. I'm heading up tonight to be on the safe side. Side Farm to Patterdale YH could be a wade again! Or a swim - perhaps I'd better pack my armbands...
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    Well that's me packed & ready to set off. Met Office rain warning for tomorrow, which could make it interesting. The current forecast is for heavy rain in the early hours, then stopping, then restarting late afternoon. I'm heading up tonight to be on the safe side. Side Farm to Patterdale YH could be a wade again! Or a swim - perhaps I'd better pack my armbands...
    How did you get on? I enjoyed the various obstacles and the conditions although for me this made for a slower time. That and helping people over rivers and stopping to patch up a bloke blown onto rocks. In no way was knackerdness to blame !

Me neither, at no point was I tired, didn't get wet either. Did however witness awesome power of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
    How did you get on? I enjoyed the various obstacles and the conditions although for me this made for a slower time. That and helping people over rivers and stopping to patch up a bloke blown onto rocks. In no way was knackerdness to blame !
    That was me you were patching up. 7 stitches in one gash & a load of steristrips on another. I'd had a great time up till then. Mark Rawlinson shepherded me down to Patterdale, then Joe Faulkner took me to the minor injuries unit in Penrith to be pieced back together.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    That was me you were patching up. 7 stitches in one gash & a load of steristrips on another. I'd had a great time up till then. Mark Rawlinson shepherded me down to Patterdale, then Joe Faulkner took me to the minor injuries unit in Penrith to be pieced back together.
    Aha! good to have met you. Once we got you back on your feet I was the one who trotted on to Side Farm to prepare the welcoming committee. Was glad to hear you got the help needed. Incidents like this show the support we all have in reserve for each other I think, a comfort to us all as well as race organisers