Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tour de Helvellyn

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
    Aha! good to have met you. Once we got you back on your feet I was the one who trotted on to Side Farm to prepare the welcoming committee. Was glad to hear you got the help needed. Incidents like this show the support we all have in reserve for each other I think, a comfort to us all as well as race organisers
    I'm so grateful to everyone who helped me - you & the other runners who stopped, Mark of course, Ros who lent me her poles (I hope she got them back!), & Joe. But you're right: the off-road running community look after each other, & I wouldn't have expected anything else. I know I too would drop all thoughts of running on if I spotted anyone in trouble. I hope it never happens though!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

hotel to stop at close to start

Results here…….

http://live.sportident.co.uk/home/mu...f&mobile=false

I didn’t do the full route – did an out and back (Askham-Patterdale-Askham, ~21 miles), as decided prior to the actual race day to do a shortened version, with a couple of friends (Kevin Minter & Tom Keely) who are recovering from injuries and weren’t fit enough for the full race distance. We entered this race many months ago, but didn’t want to miss out on some action in the Lakes at this time of year.

Fine wins for Jim Mann in 5:42 and Katie Kaars Sijpesteijn in 6:16, very impressive. Jim came storming into the village hall just as I was walking out back to enjoy one of several beers at the Punchbowl Inn. Amazing conditions – no wind/clag/rain/snow etc as normally expected at this time of year, so facilitating some fast times.

Another fine event from Joe and the Nav4 crew. Thanks and well done to everyone else that took part.
    Last edited by MarkClayton; 19-12-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    Totley AC

Totley AC

Stunning conditions for a great day out on Saturday.