Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross Country or Fell.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    never see XC runners all dressed up in waterpoofs..
    This is a joke, right?

Master
    What a load of nonsense this thread is. XC or Fell, what is that supposed to mean. Personally I love them both, I am also from The South and am certainly not a soft southern shandy drinker, if such a thing exists! B.B stop being such a conceited, grandiose arse and if you have nothing to say which from what I read you rarely do, stop boring us with your stupid and ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    What a load of nonsense this thread is. XC or Fell, what is that supposed to mean. Personally I love them both, I am also from The South and am certainly not a soft southern shandy drinker, if such a thing exists! B.B stop being such a conceited, grandiose arse and if you have nothing to say which from what I read you rarely do, stop boring us with your stupid and ridiculous posts.
    Corniceman you have obviously missed the article in Athletics Weekly were a purported fell runner wrote about " how there weren't any fell races in winter ect so all your name calling ..concieted nowt to say crap is just that crap...i was being ironic but you are typical of the southerners I have come across they are arrogant loud mouthed morons ...read the post then comment ��
    If its boring you because you are to dim to understand ..why bother reading it .

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    AW = Athletics Weekly. And has done since a long time before Wainwright started writing.

The article referred to here has been roundly decried as lacking in supporting evidence. Although if I've identified the author correctly, he's in possibly the only cross country league where numbers are actually falling!
    I like the bit about fell races mostly being in summer in sunny weather so you can enjoy the views? Really? I though they were usually in torrential rain and knee deep mud
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Master
    Corniceman you have obviously missed the article in Athletics Weekly were a purported fell runner wrote about " how there weren't any fell races in winter ect so all your name calling ..concieted nowt to say crap is just that crap...i was being ironic but you are typical of the southerners I have come across they are arrogant loud mouthed morons ...read the post then comment ��
    If its boring you because you are to dim to understand ..why bother reading it .
    What other misguided prejudices and hatred of people not from your background do you hold, I dread to think. There was a forum destroyer on here called Alwaysinjured a year or so ago, and you are far worse. By the way I read AW every week, and took the article with the pinch of salt it deserved.

What other misguided prejudices and hatred of people not from your background do you hold, I dread to think. There was a forum destroyer on here called Alwaysinjured a year or so ago, and you are far worse. By the way I read AW every week, and took the article with the pinch of salt it deserved.
    Anybody doubling up this weekend with Cross-country and fell ..?
    Or perhaps a parkrun and Cross-country for the SSDers ��.

Master
    Anybody doubling up this weekend with Cross-country and fell ..?
    Or perhaps a parkrun and Cross-country for the SSDers ��.
    Just XC today (N Mids league)followed by a diet coke in Sheffield tonight and a couple of laps of Wollaton Park tomorrow!

Just XC today (N Mids league)followed by a diet coke in Sheffield tonight and a couple of laps of Wollaton Park tomorrow!
    Hope the ground up here in Manchester stays frozen ,hate cold wet feet !
    Have a good weekend Corniceman ,enjoy yer coke ..RU saving the shandy till Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    This is a joke, right?
    Big turn out of runners again for the highly competitive Gt Manchester xc ,nice to see so many top fell/mountain runners in attendance ,a great mix of icy and shallow mud today - so dry feet a bonus for me ��.
    Always worth checking & double knotting yer laces ��.even the top runners make schoolboy errors .

What a load of nonsense this thread is.
    Hear, hear.

The article in AW is bizarre in the extreme. No fell races in the winter, cross-country once a month: what is the man on? My club participates in two local cross-country leagues which plus the county league (Essex) and championship events gives 20-odd possible events between the beginning of October and the end of February. That means two races on some weekends. But I and some of my fellow club members have (or will have) also done three or four fell races in that period.

Tim