Thread: Compeed Anti-Blister Stick

Compeed Anti-Blister Stick

Has anyone tried this yet?
    Was in the running shop to purchase my compeed blister plasters and saw the compeed anti-blister stick.

Claims - Invisibly helps prevent blisters and chaffing, instant reduction of rubbing from shoes!
    Proven by 9 out of 10 consumers to stop blisters and chaffing on feet.

I'm going to try it with my Mudclaw 330 AGAIN tomorrow !! will let you know the result. (May also try the steaming kettle theory too)

Re: Compeed Anti-Blister Stick

I've got one and used it on the Windermere marathon. There was a point just behind the ball of my foot on the inside that rubbed slightly and I was keen to prevent any problems. It seemed to help lubricate the area and prevent blisters.

Not sure how the stick would help with severe chafing and it will probably just wash away on a typical boggy fell race.

I reckon that a rub-on cream that dried hard after a few minutes would work but I don't know if such a thing exists.

My wife tried the blister stick on the Dovedale Dipper (26 miles in the Peaks) - it worked, she had no chaffing or blisters on one of the hotest days of the year.

Please post how the steaming of the Mudclaws goes, Inov-8 recommended the same 'treatement' for her 290's.

I bought one a little while ago just because I like the other compeed products for blisters so thought it was worth trying.

I haven't had any blisters whilst using it but will probably go back to vaseline now it has run out just because it it cheaper and does much the same job. The compeed stick is less messy though and the grease(?) is much thinner so may work a little bit better.

I'd been getting blisters on my right heel with my Mudclaw 330 so tried the Anti-Blister stick only on my right heel on a 2hr run on Pendle.

Great result no blister - but left heel rubbed this time!
    Will continue using it, but looking at the ingredients may try vaseline when the compeed stick runs out.

I think this stuff is ok, but I found the anti-fritcion cream from Deacthlon a lot better, it's about £3 for a big tube so a lot better value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    I think this stuff is ok, but I found the anti-fritcion cream from Deacthlon a lot better, it's about £3 for a big tube so a lot better value for money.
    I agree. I use this every where, shoulder for rucsacs, hips for bum bags as well as the other body places that we get chafed...
    especially useful in the peak district..