Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watches techno -crap

Watches techno -crap

Anybody else think the obsession with logging data (time ,distance ,elevation,temperature..)for your fell runs is a complete waste of time , especialy when injured or recovering from injury.
    I feel perceived effort and time on feet a much better way to comeback opposed to being a slave to expensive technology , or is it just a case of the nerds taking over..after all a day in the hills without reference to time cannot be beaten (in my view ).

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    Anybody else think the obsession with logging data (time ,distance ,elevation,temperature..)for your fell runs is a complete waste of time , especialy when injured or recovering from injury.
    I feel perceived effort and time on feet a much better way to comeback opposed to being a slave to expensive technology , or is it just a case of the nerds taking over..after all a day in the hills without reference to time cannot be beaten (in my view ).
    Surely it's down to the individuals preference, some folk like speed/ distance type stuff, personally I don't, but each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Surely it's down to the individuals preference, some folk like speed/ distance type stuff, personally I don't, but each to their own
    It's actually quite a good "trick" that gets people running more. Helps to create lots of small achievable easily measurable targets.

I doubt many people are genuinely using heart rate monitors to fine tune their training. But there's a shed load of people out there with Fitbits, Vivos, and Mios that are using HRMs to build nice big totals of calories burned. Out width fell running mainly I'd suspect.
    pies

Just for all the state pensioners flummoxed by this thread:

1)£12.50 for a Casio wrist watch from Argos(plus £2.50 for an 'extended warranty', if you're grand-kids think that you can be even more stupid than Homer Simpson).

The alarm will not be loud enough for you, nowadays anyway. So:

2) £14 for an out-of-date Nokia from Vodafone. The alarm penetrates a 3 season sleeping bag. What's more, it is far more sensitive picking weak signals than any other runner's Eye, so-called, 'Phone'.

3) plastic bag.

Eddie

Nurse, specs misted again, have I spelt Casio right?
    Measure the whole Surface of the Earth with our own feet. Don Quixote

Had a cracking long run,no watch ,no sat nav crap , no expensive energy products.Had strawberry jam on toast roughly one hour before starting with a milky coffee (one tsp brown sugar ).
    Set off nice and steady allowing the old legs & arithitic ankles to warm up properly ,no rush. About 20 mins in started to feel good picked it up a bit and just kept going getting stronger the further I went on returning home a lovely glass of fresh cows milk was drunk followed by a pint of Tea (yorkshire!) proper relaxed stretch and a nice warm bath..great Stuff.

Super Moderator
    This is fellrunning Bill dot; we do what we like. I don't wear a watch or own a Garmin but that's up to me. Enjoy your tea and your next run
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    This is fellrunning Bill dot; we do what we like. I don't wear a watch or own a Garmin but that's up to me. Enjoy your tea and your next run
    Thats great Derby Tup ,but on the FRA facebook page its awash with crap about Sunto amabit nuts,headtorches ect Those of us who don't give two hoots about the latest load of crap technology or wot time me watch says have to view it ...at least on here you have a choice .

Did someone say techno crap?

Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Techno Crap ....not enough bright flashing lights Mr Brightsid
    Some clown on FRA facebook is asking people about torches ..specificaly a Lenser H14.2
    http://www./youtube.com/watch?vVxlLLW8FfAY...thought we had an equipment section on here probally awash with bleeding torches,wathches the latest techno crap .
    Mr B how is yer Silvatrail runner by the way ...torches .i ask yer .
    silly fella ,still going on about his ambit 2..who gives a damm ,how many people have that model.clown.
    Last edited by B.Bill.; 20-12-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Super Moderator
    Bill dot take a chill pill. What's the problem? Some folk like talking about kit, others don't. Its a broad church this running on the fells lark
    Poacher turned game-keeper