Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An observation

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    During our recent Lee Mill relays which was held in atrocious weather conditions where several people ended up hypothermic I was struck by the fact that it was the women who seemed to return unscathed and undaunted by their ordeal compared to some of the men in the race.
    Do you think Meat eaters fared better than "vegans" in the conditions Lefty ?
    Women do have an extra layer of fat

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    During our recent Lee Mill relays which was held in atrocious weather conditions where several people ended up hypothermic I was struck by the fact that it was the women who seemed to return unscathed and undaunted by their ordeal compared to some of the men in the race.
    It is often suggested that women have a higher pain threshhold due to the fact that they are the ones who give birth.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    It is often suggested that women have a higher pain threshhold due to the fact that they are the ones who give birth.
    I have to say the Female runners I come across running in foul conditions appear to be a long way short of suffering any pain and invariably seem to be revelling in there battle with the elements and almost always have some jovial aside to make as we pass each other, whereas the blokes seem to be suffering some sort of angst and can barely manage a grunt of acknowledgement as we pass.

As to getting women to race I don`t know the answer to that, but maybe treating women as equals in sport might help i.e. same incentives as the men get.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Women have more fat than men. I don't mean they're fatter, I mean they naturally have greater amounts of subcutaneous fat (I seem to remember from A-level biology).