Thread: psoriasis tablets

psoriasis tablets

just wondered if any fellow fell runners had taken the tablets that are offered for treatment of psoriasis (cant remember what they are called off the top of my head) and what effect these had on their fell running. At present i have always opted for light treatment, and have avoided taking the tablets as they sound quite serious and may effect the liver etc. no doubt they would do the job, and if things get worse i would opt for them, so was wondering what peoples experiences of these were on training.

As a psoriasis 'sufferer' I must admit I was unaware of the tablets (have been on calcipotriol creams/gels & oilatum bath formula on and off for years) but will also be interested to know of the side-effects - something to consider when I arrange a treatment review in the New Year.

PM Jodg, he runs a health/medicine supplement company. He supplied my mother with some weird potato tuber powder from Africa. it work wonders and it got some top reviews from celebs and a health food mag...I do not work for said company ...

http://littleherbalcompany.co.nz/products/SIMBA.html

Thanks Ian I'll have a look at that.

If it's medical doctor who suggests tablets, it will likely be methotrexate or ciclosporin, or possibly acitretin
    These drugs are used in kidney transplant patients, arthritis conditions and inflammatory bowel disorders.

A very broad brush answer is that a fit person can take these medicines and do significant sport.
    You would be cautious about ultras and hot climates(hydration)
    For a pure psoriasis (no associated arthritis) you should be able to run and train on methotrexate or ciclosporin.

usual caveats apply; 'sound mountain judgement', tell someone where you're going; carry a phone, water/food/coverings etc etc
    Best Wishes

David
    Cheshire Hash House Harriers http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk/cheshire/