Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recovery Foods

Recovery Foods

Healthy wholesome recovery foods for athletes -
    [LIST=1][*]salmon[*]turkey[*]milk
    And my favourite Buffs.jpg

I agree. The concept of protein recovery drinks from a container of powder seems a bit daft when you consider what eggs are made from and how cheap they are by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Thanks Jez, I already use it a lot especialy in my VEG soup along with other anti-inflammatories such Red onions , Garlic .
    Good for D.O.M.S. that's well worth a go .

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    So that explains why I don't seem to get much D.O.M.S.: it's the huge quantities of ginger that my wife puts into her cooking. But then why does she complain about aching muscles after she has been playing tennis?

Extra ginger in todays soup plus mung beans for a protein boost, very quickly followed by fresh pineapple to aide the protein absorption (note to self,less chilli powder)

Im a big fan of turmeric as an anti-inflammatory/viral/oxidant/septic. Chuck a bit of black pepper with it and it increases its bio-availability by around 600%. Tastes pretty good n'all.
    Mate of mine who is from southern India makes a turmeric paste and sticks on wounds/bites as a healing accelerant and antiseptic.
    Does anyone know if cooking ginger alters it's efficacy btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Knee View Post
    Im a big fan of turmeric as an anti-inflammatory/viral/oxidant/septic. Chuck a bit of black pepper with it and it increases its bio-availability by around 600%. Tastes pretty good n'all.
    Mate of mine who is from southern India makes a turmeric paste and sticks on wounds/bites as a healing accelerant and antiseptic.
    Does anyone know if cooking ginger alters it's efficacy btw?
    Thanks for this Pauly Knee ..the tumeric was great in my latest batch of recovery soup ,had the soup for starters followed by Black pudding ,wild mushrooms and blue cheese pittas for mains with a side salad with spinach . What a great MEAT FREE meal ,veggie 4 a day easy .

My frying pan turns anything I cook in it yellow now, the amount of Tumeric I get through!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Luckily there is a shop near me that sells really fiery ginger root and absolutely top notch fresh turmeric.
    Fortunately there is also a really good off license n'all to counteract all this healthy nonsense.