Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 targets, hopes etc

Super Moderator

2016 targets, hopes etc

I'm hoping to push on from my current "streak" and do some proper training. Maybe I'll do a few races this year. What about you? What are your targets, hopes, plans etc for 2016?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

It'll be my first year running for a club!
    Need to get back into proper training; do the Long Mynd Valleys weekend in Feb and not go wrong like I did this year.
    Do some "proper" long races: Llanbedr to Blaenafon in April, Black Mountains in Sept.
    Be nice to go running in the Lakes or the Peak: generally get out more!

Whatever you're up to, enjoy it and have a great New Year.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Join a club.
    Do the two races I've entered. Trip to Scotland and that should do for me.
    Maybe do some proper training, like hill reps or some speedwork. Generally try and get better.

I'm lucky to be at the start of my fellrunning journey, so am full of ideas and plans. I have a bigger goal for 2017, so my overall work will be geared towards that, but will likely include a large amount of "classic races" on the way... The only ones I'll list are Y3P, Welsh 1000m, Peris (great personal meaning for me, this one), and Manx Mountain Marathon (sadly i think this means I'll possibly miss my favourite race so far of Black Mountains)

But safe to say I hope to be on the start line at a good few others, including a number of Lakeland classics.

Position wise, I'd have liked to kick on from my current position of "higher mid-pack", however looking at the quality of the races I'm stepping up to, this is incredibly unlikely, in fact I'll probably end up dropping down the placings.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    2015 has been a bit of a annus horribilis for me in terms of running as you can see from my Strava stats. Spot the injury!

However, it has also been a revelation in that it has been the first time in over 20 years that I have really stopped running/racing for any length of time or had to face up to maybe not ever doing it again. I've really enjoyed cycling again and getting out walking and enjoying the hills rather than thinking of them largely as a training exercise.
    So, 2016 - I am hoping to run again sometime, somewhere but not planning on doing any races other than the LDMT in September.
    I also have a significant birthday so will be planning something in the lakes around that. Given current injuries I'm thinking that 50 wainwrights in 50 hours is still achievable but don't want to push it anymore than that.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I ran 3 races in 2015, which is more than in any year since the 1990's. I hope to do a few more in 2016. Maybe even get myself fit enough to tackle an AL again (although if today's jaunt up Beacon Hill, Broombriggs Hill and Windmill Hill is anything to go by, that is still a distant dream!). Following Dave Mole's example, it would be lovely to do Llanbedr-Blaenavon again.

It would also be nice to have a whole year without injuries; but now we really are into the realms of fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Position wise, I'd have liked to kick on from my current position of "higher mid-pack"
    I think of it in thirds. 1st 3rd is good, 2nd 3rd...depends on which side of half way you're in, if i'm the low side of half way i've done bad, if i'm the high side there was a lot of climb.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I'm hoping to push on from my current "streak" and do some proper training. Maybe I'll do a few races this year. What about you? What are your targets, hopes, plans etc for 2016?
    Get out to some Bofras and run them hard, it'll be a good step in conditioning your soft tissue.

I'll settle for completing a KWL at last, and i want to do a <1hr Ingleborough.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Lakeland 100 completion. Try to do some more fell races...anything will do, but if I could get out on one (or two!?) long Lakes, or Welsh/Scottish. Get out on BG route again, just to look and train again. More cycling. Get proper swim fit!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

English Champs