Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 targets, hopes etc

Banned
    Ben & Bofra t-shirt are my goals for races.
    Drop weight from 189lb (now) to 160lb for 3rd September 2016 personal goal.

my aims for 2015 was to PB the three peaks, complete the Lakeland 100 (after failing to complete in 2014) and PB the Ben Nevis race.
    Achieved all three and I have set the same targets for 2016 except that two weeks before the L100 I am 60 so in the following 12 months I want to achieve 60 PB's by either doing a race faster than before a completing a new race. this will start with the L100 so for any race that i dont achieve a PB I will need to do another race so could mean a lot of races in 2016/2017

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    my aims for 2015 was to PB the three peaks, complete the Lakeland 100 (after failing to complete in 2014) and PB the Ben Nevis race.
    Achieved all three and I have set the same targets for 2016 except that two weeks before the L100 I am 60 so in the following 12 months I want to achieve 60 PB's by either doing a race faster than before a completing a new race. this will start with the L100 so for any race that i dont achieve a PB I will need to do another race so could mean a lot of races in 2016/2017
    That's a pretty impressive to do list. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Agreed, very inspirational.

Reasonably pleased with the range/qty of races I completed in 2015….. but going to try and up things for 2016. Here’s a minimum of what I intend to do …… Trigger, Hebden 22, Haworth Hobble, HPM, Four Inns, LM42, Fellsman, OCT, Ennerdale, V3K, Lakes 10 Peaks, LL50, Bullock Smithy, Lakes In A Day. I’m either going to get stronger as the year goes on, or turn into a physical wreck.
    Last edited by MarkClayton; 01-01-2016 at 11:48 PM.
    Totley AC

My aim is to enjoy it. This year has been difficult with a series of niggles and lurgies and when you're as slow as me on the fells, you can do without them.

Yorkshire Three Peaks again for me. Love the terrain, the atmosphere of the race and if I can keep getting round and beating the cut-offs then I'm doing OK.

I want to go back to Duddon and do the full race. My kids pull my leg because I love "views" and I just loved Duddon the last and only time I did it.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I need to get back and settle a score with the Y3P after last years disappointment!
    BOFRA T Shirt
    Complete some more 'new races' and keep it fresh - I like the look of Turner Landscape & Three Shires

But i am fitter than i was this time last year, so i hope to crack on and get fitter still!
    Wayne McIntosh - Clayton-le-Moors Harriers

Fellrunning Blog

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    thanks guys a lot of inspirational targets set by you all on here
    a few others on the list for this year are Thats Lyth, Malhamdale trail, Howarth Hobble, The Yomp and next year will be my 10th tour of Pendle. various 10k's and half marathons as well
    it will be 9 years ago tomorrow that I jacked a 40 a day smoking habit at 50 years old and started training for the 2008 3 peaks race at 15 stone in weight and now under 11 stone.

Just hoping to be back enjoying racing again. 2015 has been an odd year for me and I've not felt 100% for ages. Planning on doing BOFRA this year and hopefully get some fun back
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Super Moderator
    What's the BOFRA t-shirt? Oh, and do they do them in XL?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shuffle View Post
    I need to get back and settle a score with the Y3P after last years disappointment!
    BOFRA T Shirt
    Complete some more 'new races' and keep it fresh - I like the look of Turner Landscape & Three Shires

But i am fitter than i was this time last year, so i hope to crack on and get fitter still!
    Turner Landscape is a lovely race. It's probably my favourite AM in the lakes. Hard enough without feeling like you're killing yourself Three shires is a different story entirely