Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defending the future.

Defending the future.

The Grump asked
    And how do you propose the sport defends its future,and in particular ROs defend themselves,from those who refuse to take responsibility for their own wellbeing and perhaps more importantly that of others? a minority but still a threat imho.
    This was in response to my post after reading about the Pendle Cloughs Race -
    " sounds like a great fell race,wish I could support it but Alas got a race same.
    I like the emphasis of responsibility being placed on the competitors ,it's as it should be.
    I would've thought less responsibility placed on RO would be better ,if you believe competitors are not able to make sound judgements for themselves you then " in law " have a duty of care towards them just as you do with minors / juniors .
    The Grump could maybe explain wot he is on about or is he just a troll ? .
    " defend the future " ? ?

Super Moderator
    We've been through all this a dozen times . . . maybe posting on Facebook would be a better bet for you; assuming you're no longer banned for annoying folk

zzzzzz
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    We've been through all this a dozen times . . . maybe posting on Facebook would be a better bet for you; assuming you're no longer banned for annoying folk
    Nowt to say say nowt Tup and Calvi wots up you tired of FB zzz ��

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    The Grump asked
    And how do you propose the sport defends its future,and in particular ROs defend themselves,from those who refuse to take responsibility for their own wellbeing and perhaps more importantly that of others? a minority but still a threat imho.
    This was in response to my post after reading about the Pendle Cloughs Race -
    " sounds like a great fell race,wish I could support it but Alas got a race same.
    I like the emphasis of responsibility being placed on the competitors ,it's as it should be.
    I would've thought less responsibility placed on RO would be better ,if you believe competitors are not able to make sound judgements for themselves you then " in law " have a duty of care towards them just as you do with minors / juniors .
    The Grump could maybe explain wot he is on about or is he just a troll ? .
    " defend the future " ? ?
    Zzzzzz

I don't mind Facebook or this forum, although I'm not really one for debating things...I just use it to get help/advice on races that I haven't done yet, while trying to help others who are maybe looking for the same and enjoying my time on the fells...I'm not quick but looking to improve all the time while I also enjoy the history of the sport too...no debates or complaining from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post
    I don't mind Facebook or this forum, although I'm not really one for debating things...I just use it to get help/advice on races that I haven't done yet, while trying to help others who are maybe looking for the same and enjoying my time on the fells...I'm not quick but looking to improve all the time while I also enjoy the history of the sport too...no debates or complaining from me!
    So wots stopping you ,if you have summat to say great ..nowt to say keep gob shut ��

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    So wots stopping you ,if you have summat to say great ..nowt to say keep gob shut ��
    Ha ha...like yourself, I can have an opinion on anything I like, but I choose not to when there isn't any point...I think you're the opposite

Zzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Darwen Dashers Calvin View Post
    Ha ha...like yourself, I can have an opinion on anything I like, but I choose not to when there isn't any point...I think you're the opposite
    Zzzzz isn't an opinion,like I said summat to say fine ��