Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoofstones - Sat 30th Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    You don't need to.

Mr Abracadabra Weeden has already placed the results on the FRA website for those with failing eyesight.
    I always thought Brett had amazing eyesight :-)
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    I always thought Brett had amazing eyesight :-)
    Yep! Especially for finding straying runners at night.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Hoofstones Fell Race 2017 will be on saturday 28th january at 11.00 am. We are having online entry this year to make it easier to vet people.

The following link takes you to the entry website

https://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2017

Any queries email me [email protected] or call 07957766105.

We will be holding a recce over the christmas period and possibly early january.

Dan Taylor
    Tod Harriers

Not long till Hoofstones now and we have a few online entries.

We will be having a partial recce (nav section) this saturday at 1pm meet at Sportsmans pub car park, Kebs Road, Todmorden OL14 8SB.

Dan

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I may be in Manchester for a while at the end of January, and am thinking of running this race (injuries permitting). In fact, I have already been studying maps and even doing a "virtual recce" on geograph.org.uk. But I won't be able to go for a real recce before the race.

So, Dan, I am expecting you to publish on this forum a detailed tussock assessment and bog rating for all the possible routes on legs 1-2 and 3-4 (leg 2-3 seems more straightforward).

On another issue related to this race, see my new thread on "Thumb compasses" on the General Fellrunning Issues forum.

Hi Anthony,

From 1-2 is pretty straight forward, just 2 real options or something in between

(i) I turn right and run along the edge of the reservoir past the beacon to the main track then left. 1/2 a mile later turn Left and you get to a great path that leads you straight to Noah Dale, (Path comes off the main track where 4 tracks meet).

(ii) Otherwise go straight across the moor, hoping to avoid the ups and downs.

From The trig point back to 4 best to go to Wolf Stones then across the higher parts of Stansfield Moor.

hope you can make the race, let me know if you want any further info.

Dan
    Last edited by dantodman; 06-01-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Thanks, Dan, that essentially confirms what I had deduced from the map. I think option (i) would be better for me on 1-2, given my lack of recent training on Pennine moorland; but the real fun will be on 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Thanks, Dan, that essentially confirms what I had deduced from the map. I think option (i) would be better for me on 1-2, given my lack of recent training on Pennine moorland; but the real fun will be on 3-4.
    I take that option, but people have been direct before, there must be a decent line but no one knows it (yet).

Dan

Hi pal I can't marshal as its the northerns xc that day and I will be going to support the Salford lads. However, happy to help flag day before with you if that helps matey !! really good race and an interesting route.
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

looking forward to it Dan and thanks again for the recce yesterday! :-)