Thread: Keighley & Craven website

Keighley & Craven website

I've been unable to get onto the KCAC website over the last few days. When I try, my PC security software (Norton Security) is reporting that the website is infected with some sort of malware. I'm getting the message "Web Attack: Mass Injection Website 19", which seems to be a known virus or something. There's more about it on the Symantec website here: http://www.symantec.com/security_res...jsp?asid=28821. I've no idea whether it's a false alarm or not, but I get the same message from 2 different PCs.

I emailed Brett about this on Friday but haven't had a reply yet - maybe he's away. Does anyone know whether the website is supposed to be up or down at the moment? If you're not sure you've got decent security software in place, I wouldn't advise trying to visit their website (kcac.co.uk) until we get a response from KCAC - better to be safe than sorry.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

I have had this problem intermittently. I managed to get round it by searching for the website on google, and clicking on the Haworth Hobble page via the google link...

Anyway I managed to print off an entry form and get it sent off, I assume that it what you are trying to do...!

Odd thing is, if I go directly to the site it's fine. If I google for it and then go from the search results it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I have had this problem intermittently. I managed to get round it by searching for the website on google, and clicking on the Haworth Hobble page via the google link...

Anyway I managed to print off an entry form and get it sent off, I assume that it what you are trying to do...!
    I can't seem to find a way round it. I've tried everything suggested plus a few others things without success. The one thing I don't want to do is to switch off my security software & take the risk. Yes, I do want to download an entry form for myself, but I'm also concerned that other Runfurther runners will be having the same problem. If someone could email me a copy of the entry form I could put it up on the Runfurther website as a stopgap - [email protected]
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Brett says they're working on a fix. In the meantime if you're after a Hobble entry form & can't get to the website, I've put the form up on Runfurther.com on the Hobble page there.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club