Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Request- Leg 3 Recce

Quote Originally Posted by spen View Post
    I'm interested in the one you mentioned Bob but have to admit I'm confused now
    I have a great ability to confuse the simplest things. I've had to refer back to my strava trace of that day to help me remember. Does this help?

https://www.strava.com/activities/287701454

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    yeah - sorry. I ran leg 4 backwards (Honister to Green gable) then joined Leg 3 from Gt End. Does that make sense?
    Yes, that's what I thought you meant. But doing Leg 5 + what you said will be an epicer day out

_|_
    ./\.

I think I've got it. Run to green gable, down Aaron slack to sty head Up the corridor route to scafell and then proceed back to honister!

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Pegasus. its in your back garden and shouldn't be too hard for you to recce. You can even break it down into sections for instance an out and back from Dunmail going as far as you choose, or as I often used to do, Start in Borrowdale and go up to High raise and pick up route. Several times this way I did a circuit around the rest of leg 3 and followed leg 4 back to Honister before dropping back to car in Stonethwaite. But from the Scafells you could simply drop back to Styhead via Corridor and then bob up Gables if you wish.
    A good (albeit short) recce section today from a very quiet Dunmail. I nearly turned back at Sergeant Man due to the snow and wind, got to High Raise then ran back! Not entirely a wasted trip.

Quote Originally Posted by spen View Post
    I think I've got it. Run to green gable, down Aaron slack to sty head Up the corridor route to scafell and then proceed back to honister!
    Almost! Let's meet one day at honister and I'll show you round-it'll be easier that way!

Not the corridor route. From sprinkling tarn head to Esk hause then join the latter half of leg 3 from great end onwards to wasdale.

Ah ok.

Thanks for the offer in up every other week at the moment so sure can arrange to meet