Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roclite Alternative?

Quick topical ten penneth on Trailrocs. 245 uppers didn't last me more than 100 miles (several pairs) before holes appeared on outside edges next to little toes, so tried the 255's. Much better, currently just over 150 miles and no signs of uppers degrading or holes appearing, probably due to tougher and higher profile toe rand.

Cheers Lemmy & Yak. Just ordering some now on the back of that. Will report back.
    Thanks again......I don't have money to waste on shoes (so my wife tells me).

Ordered some Trailroc 255. Thanks for everybody's advice.

E-mailed Inov-8 about this & haven't got a reply. Surprise, surprise. Also e-mailed Sportshoes, where I bought them, & they got back to me within half an hours & said they would take it up with the Inov-8 rep. Doubt anything will come of it....

Your contract is with the retailer Jez, so Sportshoes should sort it out. As long as you can show them the miles, you've got good evidence that they are not fit for the purpose for which they are intended. Either way, push the point with Sportshoes and you'll get a replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Your contract is with the retailer Jez, so Sportshoes should sort it out. As long as you can show them the miles, you've got good evidence that they are not fit for the purpose for which they are intended. Either way, push the point with Sportshoes and you'll get a replacement...
    Worth a try I suppose Stumpy, cheers. I'll let you know how I get on!

My roclites died doing the three peaks at the weekend. A great big rip in the inside.

I have done about 250 miles in mine so would expect them to last much longer. I have just contacted Wiggle who I bought them from. Did you ever get anywhere with yours Jez?

Quote Originally Posted by redeaston View Post
    My roclites died doing the three peaks at the weekend. A great big rip in the inside.

I have done about 250 miles in mine so would expect them to last much longer. I have just contacted Wiggle who I bought them from. Did you ever get anywhere with yours Jez?
    I did mate. Following e-mails to Inov-8, who told me to contact Sportshoes, which I did, Sportshoes replaced them with some 295's. No quibbles. Very impressed with Sportshoes. Interestingly, I was told that they give them a through examination prior to refund or replacement. If this is the case then they must agree that the shoe has not been up to the job. I can't be the only one either, so surely Inov-8 must be looking in to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    I can't be the only one either, so surely Inov-8 must be looking in to this?
    I'm not sure Inov-8 will be too bothered mate. They'll retain their market share regardless and a few returns won't dent their profit margin.