Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muncaster Luck

Well done Darren! I'll try and get there next year :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    ...some of the trussocks are on another level...
    What, even thicker than normal? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trussock

Hard to believe only 16 runners, such a shame for the organiser.
    My legs were trashed from the New Dungeon Ghyll race the day before so I couldn't have run.
    A win's a win, well done Darren!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Another instance of a W60 being first lady (as happened at Tegg's Nose last year). Are all the younger women too busy having babies, etc. to go running around the fells?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    ...Are all the younger women too busy having babies, etc. to go running around the fells?
    Perhaps they were busy making Sunday roast for their menfolk?

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Perhaps they were busy making Sunday roast for their menfolk?
    My wife hadn't cleaned my mudclaws properly last time so she wasn't allowed out. What a brilliant race though, agree with all comments above. Let's remind ourselves to revive this thread a week or two before next year's race and encourage a fuller turnout. In the meantime I will savour my first ever top-20 finish.
    Run the race. Keep the faith.
    (2 Tim 4:7)

PS someone was taking photographs at the first river crossing. Does anyone know if these are available? There are probably some classic comedy shots in there.
    Run the race. Keep the faith.
    (2 Tim 4:7)

Well done on the win Darren. Sounds like a very tough but interesting and challenging wee race!

I nearly entered this one, as I was staying in Braithwaite. Ironically, it was the cracking weather that stopped me, as I decided a high level run over a much extended Coledale Horseshoe would be a better option, given I didn't have to drive anywhere. Must admit, reading your race report, I kinda regret that now....

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Well done on the win Darren. Sounds like a very tough but interesting and challenging wee race!

I nearly entered this one, as I was staying in Braithwaite. Ironically, it was the cracking weather that stopped me, as I decided a high level run over a much extended Coledale Horseshoe would be a better option, given I didn't have to drive anywhere. Must admit, reading your race report, I kinda regret that now....
    Hi Stumpy

Try and get there next year and spread the word, it's a great race in what for many would be pastures new.

Take care mate
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Cheers Daz - definitely will - I might even be up there at the right time next year too!