Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Inov-8 shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sned View Post
    Only the (new) Mudclaw 300 now - which to be fair, isn't that different from the 265 although with a 6mm drop.

My bigger irritation is the fact so few models are in the old precision fit. I have some Terraclaws which are actually pretty good shoes - but the forefoot is like a boat which makes running off-cambers and descents horrible.

suspect Salomon is therefore the way forward. How does the fit compare with the precision Inov 8?
    I thought it was just me that had that problem with Terraclaws.

I have a pair of Salomon S-lab and I am not a massive fan. I prefer X-talons and mudclaws if I'm honest.

At least the Mudclaw 300s have a transverse rocker on the heel unlike the 265s

I saw a transverse rocker at a club in Brighton once. An Elvis impersonator in drag.....

anyone tried or seen the X claw yet?

Curious to know people's opinions as it looks interesting - a padded standard fit xtalon?!?

Will it be ok contouring and descending I wonder and will my dodgy rolling ankles accept the extra drop and height.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowisp View Post
    anyone tried or seen the X claw yet?

Curious to know people's opinions as it looks interesting - a padded standard fit xtalon?!?

Will it be ok contouring and descending I wonder and will my dodgy rolling ankles accept the extra drop and height.
    I got some last week. They're definitely a shoe that would be superb on long fell races as they have a decent cushioning and they don't feel too high either
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC