Thread: Northern 12-Stage road re

Northern 12-Stage road re

This Saturday in Sunderland after the usual Stockport Venue is out of order due to works in the park
    4x4mile long legs, 8x2.2 mile short legs.

Anyone other Fell Runners going to be showed up for pace?
    I've been put on last leg (2.2 miles) for HHS which is slightly worrying given my preference for something long and boggy! A few DPFR guys in the team as well.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Midlands at Sutton Park again for me Nic. Long leg if I am "lucky". 5.6m of torture as opposed to 3.2m of pain, assuming the changed course used again. Don't think my Wolves team will be sneaking a bronze like last year. Expect Notts, Bristol, Cheltenham and Tipton to dominate. Good luck at yours lad and to the DP contingent.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    This Saturday in Sunderland after the usual Stockport Venue is out of order due to works in the park
    4x4mile long legs, 8x2.2 mile short legs.

Anyone other Fell Runners going to be showed up for pace?
    I've been put on last leg (2.2 miles) for HHS which is slightly worrying given my preference for something long and boggy! A few DPFR guys in the team as well.
    I can't believe it, Nic. You should be over doing the Eskdale Elevation - much better for you!

Would of been running but doing York 100 instead

I'll be there, in our B team doing Leg 7 for East Hull Harriers. We've got a good turnout this year, 2 male teams and a female team. Should be a good day out.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    I can't believe it, Nic. You should be over doing the Eskdale Elevation - much better for you!
    Usual reply - long season, too many races to do all of them when targeting certain ones!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Barlick have a men's and ladies team going up. First time for the ladies. Men qualified in 15th last year hoping to better that this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    Midlands at Sutton Park again for me Nic. Long leg if I am "lucky". 5.6m of torture as opposed to 3.2m of pain, assuming the changed course used again. Don't think my Wolves team will be sneaking a bronze like last year. Expect Notts, Bristol, Cheltenham and Tipton to dominate. Good luck at yours lad and to the DP contingent.
    Same course as last year, but with the 4 long legs as the first 4 legs. Hopefully I won't get a late call up!

I was at Sutton Park on Saturday with Holme Pierrepont - cracking day out & we managed to get a full men's & women's team out for the first time I think. Unwittingly sandbagged my teammates by swearing that the course was pan flat from memory (it's decidedly undulating). Short leg 10 for me, a good blast though the field was pretty spread out by that point so made for a fairly lonely run.

I thought Notts had it in the bag early on but it was pretty exciting to see it unfold between them, Bristol & West and Cheltenham Harriers in the following legs. Hope everyone else running at area relays had a good 'un too.

Men 11th and ladies 15th at Sunderland. On to the nationals at Sutton park. Well done to Salford on their win. Great battle at the front with Lincoln, Morpeth and Leeds.