Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: French squad in visit

They all look like good routes. It's a shame you weren't around at the weekend. Your third route is almost exactly the reverse of Saturday's Anniversary Waltz race route - an absolute classic!

Super Moderator
    Leg one of the BG sees a lot of "foot traffic". A nice alternative is the approach from Bathenswaite up Carl Side then back over Bakestall. It's a nice horseshoe. Leg two c/w to Dollywagon and back is good. Return is quite quick if you miss out the peaks. Its a glorious day in the UK today. Shame you're not out in the hills now Didier
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I would have liked to stay for the week-end but I must be in France on sunday.
    I have to attend an athletic competition where I will be a judge,my participation is mandatory for my club

thanks for the advice for leg 1 but I promised to my friends to discover Skiddaw by the "official" way. For the #2 following our pace, I hold your idea It could be possible to return via Low and High Rigg...

3 days in the Lakeland, without any rain ! Wonderful stay.
    Arrived on monday, hop ready to go to Lattrig and a first run of 10km.
    Tuesday the full Leg 1 of BGR and even more with a return by foot from Threheld to Keswick.
    Wednesday Threkleld and back by Clough Head to White Side and back by the valley.
    Thursday : Catbells, High Spy, Dale Head and Robinson, the end of the clockwise BGR.
    And before heading back to France, early in the morning Gary went up to Skiddaw and for my part just a 5km cool running in the park.
    It was my third coming in the Lake and not the last. A very good experience for my friends. They are so surprised by the region that they will come back too, may be in july 2017 for a BGR attempt....
    Kisses to all from France !

a new wonderful stay in Lakeland !
    Last edited by dlieven; 10-05-2016 at 12:44 PM.