Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More Mile Cheviot 3

The grip in these is the best I've experienced, on all types of terrain - even wet rock to an extent.
    Comfort is also pretty good, although this is a more subjective aspect of any shoe.
    Price speaks for itself.
    My issue is durability and my experience seems to echo that of others who have contributed to this thread.
    Firstly the insoles disintegrated after the first serious run (Blencathra race in June). MoreMile sent replacement insoles and a free pair of socks for my troubles.
    Then after about 50 miles the mid-soles and uppers began to part company, during Kentmere Horseshoe race. This was reported to MoreMile, who immediately sent out a replacement pair. The damaged ones have been put back together with a liberal dose of shoe-goo and are performing well, so all in all I'm relatively happy. £30 + £7 for shoe-goo is still cheaper than mud claws

The grip in these is the best I've experienced, on all types of terrain - even wet rock to an extent.
    Comfort is also pretty good, although this is a more subjective aspect of any shoe.
    Price speaks for itself.
    My issue is durability and my experience seems to echo that of others who have contributed to this thread.
    Firstly the insoles disintegrated after the first serious run (Blencathra race in June). MoreMile sent replacement insoles and a free pair of socks for my troubles.
    Then after about 50 miles the mid-soles and uppers began to part company, during Kentmere Horseshoe race. This was reported to MoreMile, who immediately sent out a replacement pair. The damaged ones have been put back together with a liberal dose of shoe-goo and are performing well, so all in all I'm relatively happy. £30 + £7 for shoe-goo is still cheaper than mud claws

Quote Originally Posted by rectorspectre View Post
    £30 + £7 for shoe-goo is still cheaper than mud claws
    When you put it like that, I'm regretting sending mine back for a refund!
    Swa cwæð eardstapa

How is everyone getting on with their Cheviots? I'm considering getting a pair (for knocking about in/dog walking) but it crossed my mind that my 'training' SC3's need replacement soon - anyone know how much drop they've got or can offer a comparison?

And I keep seeing about going half a size up - is that relative to normal footwear or relative to other trail shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by tenohfive View Post
    And I keep seeing about going half a size up - is that relative to normal footwear or relative to other trail shoes?
    I'd say go for 1/2 a size bigger than Inov8s.

half size up from normal shoes.
    My Mk 3's are holding up very well. My knackered Mk2's with torn uppers are still in regular use for training. They might look rough but they grip well and are still comfy. I have not had any of the mid sole delamination issues reported by others. I suspect this is because I do not run in acidic peaty bogs much. Most of my work is on sandy/grassy/rocky/muddy surfaces. In these circumstances the new Mk 3's hold up very well indeed.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Definitely 1/2 size up in the Cheviot 3s - though I have never understood why manufacturers can't make a given size the same through their own range of shoes.

I've had many pairs of Cheviots, this latest pair one shoe has sort of "collapsed inwards" with the upper leaning in at an alarming angle, nothing has come apart, not great for running but I ignore it. Maybe caused by a pronation problem on that side, but I've not had it before.

Other than that, many pairs used and abused and I shall continue to wear them.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

At £30, I've taken a punt.

I'm also tempted. I don't actually need new fell shoes mind but, well, y'know, I will one day! I've only had one pair before and can't say if they were Mk 1 or Mk 2 but the durability was ok. I ran a lots of miles in them including one memorable Old County Tops outing where we should all have worn diving shoes but the Cheviots were as good as anything. They eventually succumbed to knackered uppers over the toe area but then again so have other brands

First run tonight. 4 quick miles on paths & moor around Ilkley. Very impressed. Superb grip & comfort. Early days, but staggering value for £30. (And much better grip than my Roclite 295's, where I think they've changed the rubber).