I realise that most of the junior stuff has migrated to facebook but as I have no wish to engage with that this is my means to communicate.
Just reading the junior bit in the Fellrunner around forthcoming changes to age cats fro 2017 raises a couple fo questions. Firstly just to say I am not opposed to bringing it all into line with other disciplines - it makes perfect sense but in doing so there is some clarifciation.
We appear to have lost a age group. Obvioulsy there may still be the U20/u23 groups to be slotted in but it may mean that actually if the lower one doesnt materialise then we have gone from 6 to 5 groups. I'm assuming that some runners in an U20 age groupwont be 18 and thus there will still need to be an upper distance limit applied? Can I also ask whether the distances permittted will remain the sam so 1km for youngest age group through to 10k for U20 or will there be any change to these.
Can I also suggest we look at making ALL age groups points scorers in the English Champs so there are champions throughout, if there isnt a change around this which age group will they start scoring ponits, is it U11 or U13?
I'm sure the answers to all this will be perfectly clear and have probably been written down somewhere already and if they have sorry for missing them.