Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Graham Round July

Bob Graham Round July

Dear Fellrunners,

I've registered for an attempt for late July, fact is I don't know anyone else to run it with. I got round the ten peaks extreme route last year with a handful of poor route choices (an extremely laborious circumnavigation of Yewbarrow's south skirts and some head scratching in fog between kirk fell and great gable saved by latching onto a BGR attempt- I beleive successful!) in 23.15.
    If I can tag along with anyone of similar pace who is thinking of an attempt at the end of July that would be brilliant!
    I'm going to spend a week at the beginning of June in the lakes going over the route so if this happens to coincide with anyone else's plans then please get in contact.
    Happy to help out with pacing on anyone elses round too, I'm based in Bristol so could also offer lifts to anyone living near the m5/m6 corridor.

Cheers,
    Andy

Hi

I have an attempt planned for 10th June.
    Just planning on completion, no specific time, and am keen for a bit of support if you are going to be about then?

David

How late in July are you thinking of? I'm in Keswick for the whole of the first week of August and would be available to help on a leg.
    When the fells call, they scream.

Hello!,

Thanks for your replies, David yes will definitely be available to help out on the 10th June, what leg/legs do you need pacing? I'll make sure I've done my homework on them!
    Pitfall Harry I've registered for either of the last 2 weekends 23rd & 30th of July but if this gathers momentum and is easier to get a crew on board for the first weekend of August then I could do that- one of the fortunate thing about being an obsessive runner, all my weekends revolve around it!

Also to any one this might help going to be up in the lakes for another week from 2nd to 9th July, doing the Wasdale Horseshoe on the 9th so can't help on BGR attempts that day!

So legs 2,3,4 would be the best for me. Aiming to start between 1900-2100 on 10th. Yet to confirm time.

Hi Andy

I am looking to attempt on the 17th or 18th June. I am still in need of support. I intend to spend most of the weekends of May in the lakes, pm me if you are interested in supporting or accompanying me on training runs. Obviously put me down for support.

Hi. If you need any support drop me a pm and if I'm fit and available I'll gladly assist.

cheers
    andy

Hi All,

i'm looking at a BG attempt in 2017, so hopefully spending a decent amount of summer and autumn recceing route legs. (time currently split between Cockermouth and the south - high wycombe). If anyone needs partners for training runs or support drop me a line.

Cheers,
    James.

Hi all,

If I can stay injury free I'm planning to have a crack in 2nd week in July. Got a couple of months off work at the moment so planning a number of recces and could be available for support. Live near Ilkley.

Steve