Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Women's record smashed

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Chilton View Post

But where is the guy (foreign or local) who is fit and confidant enough to have a go at running as hard as they can to see what time they can get round the BGR, possibly cracking Billy’s time. It has been 5 years now since Mark Palmer had his go.
    From one very brief facebook chat with a top Lakeland racer, I get the impression that the top racers aren't that bothered about the BG (has it become too popular? too 'commercial?'). But he also implied that perhaps Jasmin's superb time will spark a bit of interest in it again amongst the elites.

To paraphrase, and it will mean nothing to KJ I suspect, "come and have ago if you think you're fast enough"!

Fast and phenomenal as KJ undoubtedly is, there's a unique combination of factors that make BB's record what it is....it'd be great to see it properly tested though

Jasmin has kindly agreed to share her times so I've put them up on the club website. They can be accessed clicking on her name at the bottom of http://www.bobgrahamclub.org.uk/index.php?page=records

Note that these are the times she provided which don't show any time stopping at the four road crossings. I don't know if that was the case, it's easy enough to update if that wasn't the case.

Although it's not shown on the above link there were only four peaks where she lost time on her original target schedule for a total of seven minutes. There were nine tops where she was on her target schedule and all the rest she gained time!
    Last edited by Bob; 30-04-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

For those interested, Jasmin's write-up with some photos and schedule+splits is at http://jasminfellrunner.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Note that these are the times she provided which don't show any time stopping at the four road crossings. I don't know if that was the case, it's easy enough to update if that wasn't the case.
    The schedule didn't have any time for rests at the road crossings, Jasmin's plan had been to move through without stopping with the support grabbing what she wanted. The exception was Wasdale were she would change shoes (but I wasn't bothered to put in a split for that as the schedule was either way always intended more as a rough guide rather than something to stick to). As it was she didn't change shoes and didn't stop at any road crossing for more than a minute.

(edit: I should clarify the schedules I printed for everyone for the day didn't have rests, Nicky's original 2015 schedule which this basically was with a change of order for Sgt. Man + Raise (the times were just swapped and not adjusted which is probably a reason that she 'lost' time on Raise), did have 3x2min+1x3min rest)
    Last edited by kcr; 02-05-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Jasmin provided me with both her original (17hr) schedule and her actual times so was wondering. A minute is neither here nor there really but it's odd to see *no* stopping times.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

I can vouch for Jasmin not stopping at Honister, she dropped off the hill, ran through the car park and straight on...there's a video of it if anyone disbelieves!