Thread: Eating on the run?

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

Eating on the run?

Lovers of bad taste will be familiar with The Book of Bunny Suicides. But I want to compile The Book of Insect Suicides. Number 1 on the list must still be: flying into a cyclist's eye just as he is trying to negotiate an awkward stretch of road at speed. But number 2 will be: flying into a runner's open mouth as he is gasping for breath. Yes, it happened to me (again) on the first day of really warm weather, yesterday. This certainly does leave a bad taste. Yuk!

A fly in your mince pie is nothing, a bat is more substantial especially when you're going at about 20mph. Fortunately i had my sheilds on. Inhaling midges and mosquitos are a problem, they get stuck in your windpipe and you end up throwing up trying to cough them out.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    A fly in your mince pie is nothing, a bat is more substantial especially when you're going at about 20mph.
    So a bat's echolocation doesn't enable it to avoid a large object (no disrespect intended, Mr B) if it is moving at 20mph, even though it can catch tiny insects as they fly around.

I've hit a bat once too, similar speed, so I can believe it. I can only assume that it was looking the other way and got an almighty shock when a speedy (ish) cyclist rode straight into it's arse...