Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glue for Inov8 repairs

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I find puncture repair kit glue hopeless even for glueing puncture repair patches, never mind sticking a sole back on a shoe!

Had a word with the tight angel sat on my shoulder and instead of using what I had lying round the house or mixing some flour and water together I have ordered some Shoe Goo.

Well, I bought a tiny tube of Shoe Goo. Glued my old MudClaws, clamped the area shut and went away for the bank holiday weekend. The repair looks really good, strong bond. I'm orienteering on Bryn Alyn tonight (small fell in North Wales); so I'll see how they hold up.

The repair held up really well in dry conditions. I was really impressed with ease of use and strength of bond. I have tried allsorts of adhesives I've had laying around the house in the past without much success. I wish I'd bought this Shoe Goo stuff from the get go.

Me too. Just used a whole tube fixing two pairs of knackered shoes.(with Shoe Goo)
    6.5m of pissing wet rain and mud/rock around Mow Cop last night and the only flaw was a little unsticking where I hadn't bothered to scrape off the old glue - and that was the fail, not the Shoe Goo.

seemingly the yoof use it for their skateboard shoes, which take a hammering. I'll be using it again, much better than my hot glue gun in any variety and a LOT easy to use than Araldite Epoxy resin
    Best Wishes

David
    Cheshire Hash House Harriers http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk/cheshire/