Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blencathra

Such a hard race for midweek, the climb goes on and on. 2nd time doing it and it never gets easier! Must really recce this for next time as theirs a couple of sneaky lines coming off the top which everyone apart from seems to find. Although my descending at the minute is shite to say the least. We'll be back en masses again for next year on the Barlick fun bus. Thanks for organising. Still aching.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Crumbs. And you had Calver just down the road!! I would love to do The Blencathra race and feel with the commitment and dedication above there should be no excuse to miss it next year.
    MrRTS put a silly clause in his 50@50 that required 50'000 meters total assent. Means travelling to the bigger hills on a lot of the races. Although it's not really a chore as we do love the lakes. This weekend see's two local races though as he is well up on his climb tally. He is still insisting it's like Christmas every week and enjoying it all. As for me ... getting blooming strong on those hills now. Slap those thighs haha
    Blencathra is a super route and quite tough but so well organised and super friendly too!