Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warslow Beer Fest - New!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I think props have to be given to Will and all the marshals that organised this inaugural race. From what I can tell, it went without a single hitch, and all the runners were commending the course completely, both from front and back runners. Lush running over green moorlands, bastard hills, perfectly inclement British weather - what's not to want!

I'm a bit gutted I wasn't quite fit enough to run, but as it was a beer festival, spectating with the camera helped distract me from heading to the bar too early!!! HERE is a link for anyone interested (sorry if I didn't get a pic of you if you ran!!)
    Top pics as always Lemmy. And great race, thanks Sasquatch. A classic in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Top pics as always Lemmy. And great race, thanks Sasquatch. A classic in the making.
    Cheers Noel and everyone who ran/helped out - has been a long time from first ideas when I went to the beer fest a couple of years ago and thought it would make a great place for a fell race, to course exploring, and recceing, permissions etc. Really glad people liked it.

Roll on next year! Cheers!!!
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Great pictures from Lemmy. Will, sorry I didn't make it in the end. Next year......

Red face Great Race

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Cheers Noel and everyone who ran/helped out - has been a long time from first ideas when I went to the beer fest a couple of years ago and thought it would make a great place for a fell race, to course exploring, and recceing, permissions etc. Really glad people liked it.

Roll on next year! Cheers!!!
    Thanks Will and all your team that made the race into a cracking race, and definitely one of the best races in the peaks. Loved it. Roll on next year.

Cheers Dave

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I am thinking of doing this race (but only if it is guaranteed that there will still be plenty of vegetarian chilli left when those of us in the slower half of the field finish!).

The race website says that there is a limit on numbers, and only pre-entries are accepted; but it doesn't say what the limit is, and when entries will close if the limit isn't reached. Do you have any more precise information, Will?

I too am thinking of doing this race - can anyone who did it in 2016 comment on how an unattached first-timer might find this course?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I am thinking of doing this race (but only if it is guaranteed that there will still be plenty of vegetarian chilli left when those of us in the slower half of the field finish!).

The race website says that there is a limit on numbers, and only pre-entries are accepted; but it doesn't say what the limit is, and when entries will close if the limit isn't reached. Do you have any more precise information, Will?
    I've handed race organising duties over to Rick Haughton this year and I think he's planning on a 100 entry limit and there's about 70 or so now. Think entries will close a few days before so best get one in if interested. Hope to see you there I'll be having a trot round myself this year. Really glad it's taking off. Will be a cracking day if we have some decent weather for the beer fest.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsloth View Post
    I too am thinking of doing this race - can anyone who did it in 2016 comment on how an unattached first-timer might find this course?
    It's quite a toughie for a first fell race but maybe check it out with Rick who is organising it this year (details on fra races site) if in doubt. You could always recce the sections over access land in advance and I'll be happy to email you a map if you send me a pm with your email.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I've handed race organising duties over to Rick Haughton this year and I think he's planning on a 100 entry limit and there's about 70 or so now. Think entries will close a few days before so best get one in if interested. Hope to see you there I'll be having a trot round myself this year. Really glad it's taking off. Will be a cracking day if we have some decent weather for the beer fest.
    I've put my entry in now. But if the weather is going to be as hot as today, I might change my mind about running!