Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The perfect shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Patagonia do do a 5" inseam version of those shorts http://eu.patagonia.com/enIE/product...inch?p=24631-0
    I've recently bought a pain a the 5 inch striders and I can say they are easily the best shorts I've had by a mile. I've had no problems with chaffing at all, you can fit plenty in the pockets and they are really comfy. Well worth the £50 imo.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Another Patagonia strider user here.
    I cut out the brief and use Under Armour long legged boxers underneath. They got me across the Northern Traverse with no chaffage (combined with a bit of lube)

Ronhill do a pair with a cycling short-style (ie tight and short length) liner. the liner in the ones I have are luminous yellow/green. it does look a bit soft, but they are comfy. perhaps just too warm on a hot day, but I've worn them on ultras and had no chaffing or discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Ronhill do a pair with a cycling short-style (ie tight and short length) liner. the liner in the ones I have are luminous yellow/green. it does look a bit soft, but they are comfy. perhaps just too warm on a hot day, but I've worn them on ultras and had no chaffing or discomfort.
    You've nowt to chafe mate.

http://www.runningbear.co.uk/running...hort-blue.html

Would these be any good to you? Not sure about the cargo space but at the price you can't really go wrong.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Tried the inov-8's but the liner was very warm.
    For those that share my sensitivities, the best option that I tested (after much agonising over the price) is the salomon sense short. Short / cool with a boxer liner.

I have also found that the the Under Amour 'ISO Chill' 6" boxer is a fairly cool undershort for all those shorts that you have cut the liners out of!
    The running bear ones look interesting / worth a punt, but I suspect that they are a touch long / warm for summer use.