Thread: Ischial Tuberosities

Ischial Tuberosities

My sit bones hurt. Particularly the left.

The back story:
    4months ago I saw a physio about knee pain. I conducted my rehab with aplomb including a hamstring catch exercise to engage the glutes and stretching the hammie which I really struggled with. This exercise felt like it compressed the hamstring and lower spine and caused an ache in the deep muscle. During my first proper training run (pre Easter) the hamstring got really sore. The next week I couldn't manage 300metres. So it's gradually got better and the deep muscle pain has gone as ahas the accompanying glute pain. But I was left with a sharpish pain around the tuberosity.

Around 2months ago I changed my saddle and did a 3hour ride the next day sitting on hard surfaces was very uncomfortable. This hasn't entirely gone away, despite reverting back to the original softer saddle.

On Thursday I struggled through a 7km run (40 fecking minutes!) and decided that despite my (disillusioned) belief it's just not getting better. Today after quitting a long ride after 45min I've decided riding needs to stop.

Now, I can't be the first person to suffer with this, but can anyone suggest or give anecdotal evidence of rehab ideas/recovery times?

I do have another physio appointment tomorrow. So I'll get a pro opinion but it's nice to know what other people have done.

Apparently it might be a stress fracture...