Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jasmin Paris Ramsay Round

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    While her BG record is roughly in line with other long distance records when compared to men but to take the outright record like this is astounding.
    For sure (and I'm as gobsmacked as everyone else), but her new Ramsay mark simultaneously seems roughly in line with her BG. Years ago I remember reading something quoting Alex Keith saying he thought the Ramsay about so much (an hour? hour and a half?) slower than the BG, but have never been able to find it since (hope it wasn't the SHR Long-Distance pages now maintained by me!). So (scary thought either way!) is it the men's record that's still got a bit to give or is Jasmin just so good that male/female records are irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by gaw View Post
    No mistake, absolutely fantastic run! But not the first time this Record has been held by a woman - didn't Helen Diamantides hold it (even if just for a day)?
    Jointly (with Mark Rigby) for a fortnight till Adrian Belton took it.

Outright Record - so if usually we have a Record and a slower Women's Record, now here we have a Record and a slower Man's Record? Should we have just one Record or should we have both a Women's and a Man's Record?
    Hmmm, dunno (see above).

I think it should be noted as the record along with the slower men's record, i.e Fastest Round is by Jasmin Paris in 16:13, the men's record is 16:49 by Jon Ashcroft
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

I don't envy the judges for the Long Distance Award this year...!

How do you choose between Nicky Spinks' double, and Jasmine Paris' two outstanding achievements.

To my mind the although the BG round has an almost 'mythical' status and to be the 4th fastest ever is such an achievement, I think the Ramsay record could take precedence as it is an outright record. But how do you even begin to choose between those and a double-BG.....???

Joint award?

Of course, the year is far from over!!

Jasmin has the 5th fastest summer BG time, the joint 4th fastest winter BG time and now the fastest Ramsay Round time. All in the space of just over five months.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    How do you choose between Nicky Spinks' double, and Jasmine Paris' two outstanding achievements.
    You don't. It's arbitrary when it's the achievements that matter!

yes and the winter round was proper, full on snow conditions which I don't think the other fastest winter rounds were.

Truly Amazing! It was only a couple of weeks ago that she ran in the Highlander Mountain Marathon. Must have used that as a bit of a training run.....
    See the light in the night

Jaw-dropping achievement. Hard to comprehend someone can keep such a pace going all the way to the finish Massive well done.

_|_
    ./\.

Its just about all been said!! I honestly never realised she was this incredible! I was in awe of Nicky Spinks (....still am!!?) Where will she/they take stuff? Who will they encourage to go beyond them even! What will the men do in response as it were!? Is there a man able/willing to 'respond'? Simply awesome!!

And not really heavily acknowledge outside of a small circle i.e, fell/ultra
    Where's there CBE or Damehoods!!?
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Truly Amazing! It was only a couple of weeks ago that she ran in the Highlander Mountain Marathon. Must have used that as a bit of a training run.....
    Yes Jasmin was certainly at the Highlander competing with her mum for whom it was a birthday present - an all inclusive weekend away with her daughter :-) They even had enough energy for dancing at the overnight camp ceilidh. Brilliant
    Charmian Heaton