Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American BG attempt Jul 9

American BG attempt Jul 9

I'm over from the US to have a (second!) try at the BG on July 9. I've got some support assembled but still need more...

I'm going clockwise, starting 3:30 a.m., and on a 22:30 schedule. Coming from the US, my pacing within each leg is a bit different than usual--we don't ever do steep grass, so I'm quite slow compared to UK runners on the descents and I have to make up the difference by getting up the hills reasonably quickly.

Legs 2, 4, and 5 are taken care of (though I think Janson, who's supporting leg 4, would appreciate a bit of help with bag carrying), and I may have got one person for nav on leg 3, but I still need leg 1 and ideally more people on leg 3. Leg 1 I know the route pretty well so don't need someone to be able to do the nav.

I've been in the Lakes training the past two weeks so hopefully should be fit and ready by the 9th.

I will be of no help then Alicia because I am fast on those steep grassy descents but slow on the climbs also helping a friend that day/night so may see you and your support. Good luck.

_|_
    ./\.

Thanks Adnan, hopefully see you out there and good luck to your friend.

Hi Alicia, I hope you stayed out of those rain clouds on Sunday after I saw you. Whether I can help relies on how well my recki of my big race at the end of July goes this weekend. I'll keep in touch via the forum. I hope you get others helping out in the meantime too.

do you have anyone helping out on the roadstops who can assist with transport at the end of the legs?
    Last edited by Bridget; 22-06-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Bridget, hey! We did get a *bit* wet Sunday Hope the rest of your run went well. Maybe see you on the 9th then! I think I'm now okay for legs 2-5 but could use another for leg 1, which sadly is the one at the most antisocial time. And yeah, I can get you a lift to/from the ends of the legs--there's at least 3 road crew.

Happy training for your race!

Hi again Alicia
    I'm glad you have got some more to help now. I'm sorry but I can't come along now this weekend as I need to go back on my recki for the other race and finish another bit off. The anti social hour wasn't a problem. I hope the weather holds good for you and that you have a great day out on it, the memories will last forever

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Hi again Alicia
    I'm glad you have got some more to help now. I'm sorry but I can't come along now this weekend as I need to go back on my recki for the other race and finish another bit off. The anti social hour wasn't a problem. I hope the weather holds good for you and that you have a great day out on it, the memories will last forever
    Bridget, thanks! I'm actually considering going Friday instead due to forecast. Any chance you're free then?? Most of my support can't make it if I go for Friday.

It's not a great forecast for the weekend, sorry that I didn't log onto the forum in time, but I would have been unable to help on Friday too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Just checked your tracker - awesome

Success?