...through a virus/ilness.

Anybody had this before?

I was running at by far my best so far in my short 18 months of running, ran brilliantly (for me) at Anni. Waltz and then at Up the Nab, I felt a bit off about a mile in to the race but just finished it (walked nearly all of it).

I then struggled to do any running up hill or up any kind of slope at all without my breathing being really heavy and without finding it difficult to catch my breath quickly enough.

I've had one visit to the doctors since and he reckoned it was pollen in my lungs after deep breathing at the start of the race (coupled with the fact it was a sunny day with moderate to high pollen count and an area I've never ran in before). He told me to take antihistamines and gave me an inhaler (I've never had breathing problems or even been to the doctors for that matter).

It's improved very slightly since but I'm still struggling with any form of ascending. Just wondering if anything like this has happened to anybody before, in terms of losing basically 18 months (or any times worth of training) in a instant it would seem?

Hopefully the "story" makes some kind of sense!