Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not the Midsummer Madness

Not the Midsummer Madness

This would have been the weekend of the Calder Valley Midsummer Madness series, if last year hadn't been the final one.

In memory of a fine tradition, I did all three non-existent races, namely Not the Wicken Hill Whizz on Friday, Not the Reservoir Bogs yesterday (on a route so secret I couldn't even reveal it to myself until after I'd finished), and Not the Tom Tittiman earlier today.

In the true spirit of things, I managed to lose myself on the Bogs and take an appalling line off Tom Tittiman.

My mate came up from Mercia to join me, and the events were made into even greater non-events by the fact that we're both injured and had to walk.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

that's the spirit!
    keep it up!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    This would have been the weekend of the Calder Valley Midsummer Madness series, if last year hadn't been the final one.

In memory of a fine tradition, I did all three non-existent races, namely Not the Wicken Hill Whizz on Friday, Not the Reservoir Bogs yesterday (on a route so secret I couldn't even reveal it to myself until after I'd finished), and Not the Tom Tittiman earlier today.

In the true spirit of things, I managed to lose myself on the Bogs and take an appalling line off Tom Tittiman.

My mate came up from Mercia to join me, and the events were made into even greater non-events by the fact that we're both injured and had to walk.
    That's just made me laugh out loud. A post-Brexit mood-lifter if ever there was one!!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Banned
    You need to invite some of us Tussock next year.

Oh and well done Sir on your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post

Brilliant post for a much missed series.....did you check on the pigs at the pub?
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

I am happy to confirm that the pigs appeared to be in fine fettle.
    I even took a photo of them.

Haha like it Tussockface. I hope you (and Graham?!) had a post non-race pint in the Hare & Hounds as well? [Not in the Shoulder of Mutton after Not the Wicken Hill Whizz obviously - hopefully it will open up again soon after the last flooding.]
    It did seem strange not to be rushing around in a mad panic the other weekend. I kept thinking there was something I was meant to be doing that I'd forgotten about.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Yes.
    I took it a step further by actually having a post non-race non-pint, in that I had a half.

You really ought to have been there to Not Give Us Results.
    As Grahame and I intend to repeat the exercise next year, you'd be most welcome to add that twist.

Banned
    Happy birthday �� Midsummer Madness

I reckon next weekend would have been the Madness weekend, if it had still been going.
    Sorry to say I'm having a year off in 2017 as our cottage is undergoing major refurbishment and is in no condition to host anything other than a
    Damp-proofers' Convention.
    I'm doing the Wharfedale Three Peaks instead but hope to reintroduce my solo virtual race series in 2018.