Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 600

Thread: post brexit

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    227

    post brexit

    So all you folk that voted leave,regretting it yet?

    Be back in recession before you know it
    Loads of racist attacks
    No one in charge of the country
    Immigration isn't going to get any less
    My euros going to cost me more

    What a mess, well done!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Daletownrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Out Running
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    So all you folk that voted leave,regretting it yet?

    Be back in recession before you know it
    Loads of racist attacks
    No one in charge of the country
    Immigration isn't going to get any less
    My euros going to cost me more

    What a mess, well done!!!
    The majority of them now have nothing to say, because they know they naffed up, perfectly illustrated by all of the rats that lead them jumping ship

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    So all you folk that voted leave,regretting it yet?

    Be back in recession before you know it
    Loads of racist attacks
    No one in charge of the country
    Immigration isn't going to get any less
    My euros going to cost me more

    What a mess, well done!!!
    The Daily Telegraph has published a wry letter pondering how many people who voted for Brexit thought they were selecting Theresa May as Prime Minister.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  4. #4
    Master sbrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the middle
    Posts
    1,588
    This what Gove has to say-
    'We need to renegotiate a new relationship with the EU, based on free trade and friendly cooperation.' #Gove2016

    ...........Oh dear Michael. Perhaps some sort of union with Europe. More suggestions here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...83dnfp1njkmx6r

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrt View Post
    This what Gove has to say-
    'We need to renegotiate a new relationship with the EU, based on free trade and friendly cooperation.' #Gove2016

    ...........Oh dear Michael. Perhaps some sort of union with Europe. More suggestions here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...83dnfp1njkmx6r
    William Hague in his, always sensible, column in today's TDT concludes that whichever way people voted: we're all leavers now.

    Unfortunately this laudable advice reminds me of the Slade song; "Mama Weer All Crazee Now".

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPTk5poAa1c

    Which on reflection...
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 05-07-2016 at 08:38 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  6. #6
    Master Tussockface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,059
    Hague.
    Your spelling of 'Weer', oddly, is accurate, but originally 'Crazy' was 'Crazee'.

    On the substantive issue I concur: totally bonkers.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Hague.
    Your spelling of 'Weer', oddly, is accurate, but originally 'Crazy' was 'Crazee'.

    On the substantive issue I concur: totally bonkers.
    Many thanks. I am corrected.

    As for Slade: (obviously) that wasn't a record that would ever cross my threshold.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 05-07-2016 at 08:39 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  8. #8
    Master Tussockface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,059
    Of course not.

    Returning to Brexit, I heard two old ladies discussing the future. One said "Now we're out of Europe, it's going to be like the good old days."

    I'm still not certain what she had in mind: the Wall Street Crash, the Great Depression, or the Holocaust.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

  9. #9
    If they were really old perhaps the English Civil War, Black Death, or maybe being raped and pillaged by Vikings?

    Or did the Vikings come from Europe?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 05-07-2016 at 08:49 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    So all you folk that voted leave,regretting it yet?

    Be back in recession before you know it
    Loads of racist attacks
    No one in charge of the country
    Immigration isn't going to get any less
    My euros going to cost me more

    What a mess, well done!!!
    No regrets here mate, thanks for asking though. The country voted and you suffered a resounding defeat, accept it. Despite the constant whining from the Remainers, we'll soon be on our way out of the EU, getting shot of Cameron was a bonus. I'd already got my euros so no probs there, might even get a few more quid back if we don't spend it all. Happy days

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •