Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: post brexit

Quote Originally Posted by duncz View Post
    The referendum was only to appease the nazi tories. It was won by lies by a gang of quitters.The MP's should not accept the result and vote against it.
    Hopefully Labour can sort it's self out. You must have a strong opposition in goverment.
    Bollocks turned up to 11 on this one.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    so will all your competitors I assume?
    I don't have many competitors. But I Do know how much i can charge so that people will purchase. If i put up my prices = less customers.
    So currently i am making less for the same amount of work.

Quote Originally Posted by duncz View Post
    Dennis Skinner and Frank Field have been very good hard working MP's but i think they where wrong to back the out vote. I couldn't trust a tory goverment to manage development money they will always look after the true blue heartlands. Thatcher want Liverpool and any other Northern cities and towns which where labour strongholds to go to the dogs. It was Hestletines intervention (the only tory i have any respect for.)who saved Liverpool.
    Hesiltine was operating under Maggie as part of the Tory government in the early 80s.
    Don't think he was free-lancing.

Aerospatiale/BAC Concorde
    Sepecat Jaguar
    Panavia MRCA (Tornado)

3 highly successful and influential collaborations between UK and European industry developed before we joined in EEC.
    Hopefully that means Airbus jobs are safe and pan-european collaborations can continue (as we are still geographically part of Europe).
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Aerospatiale/BAC Concorde
    Sepecat Jaguar
    Panavia MRCA (Tornado)

3 highly successful and influential collaborations between UK and European industry developed before we joined in EEC.
    Hopefully that means Airbus jobs are safe and pan-european collaborations can continue (as we are still geographically part of Europe).
    Chapter 88 looks like it's tariff free so shouldn't be a problem.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Short term, I am sure it will be fine. Future investment will depend on; trade deals, free movement, political pressure etc.
    Aerospace is a ruthless buisiness. Airbus have GE, Pratt (US built) engine options, not just European propulsion.

Exactly, its a global business.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Hold nerve, steady the tiller, pull up socks.There's work to be done and the hot air is dissipating.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36771595
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

The currency fluctuations following the referendum have already made me worse off. The week before the vote I exchanged £250 to 350 Euros. Yesterday £250 got me 280 Euros. My purchasing power has been reduced by 20%.

For what its worth, I'm coming over from Canada this summer and, as a result of currency changes, I've got an extra 300 pounds to pump into the Lake District economy. It cuts both ways.
    When the fells call, they scream.