Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pendle 3 Peaks info

Morning everyone. Quick update on parking and final instructions.

Parking looks like will be ok to park on the field and in fine weather will be perfect. However, if we have a massive downpour then we may need to switch to the standard car carking in the village. Please assume all is good with the field parking unless I post here stating otherwise. If you could have your £1 at the ready for the farmer that would be great too ! he has made a huge effort for us here so the £1 is to show our gratitude to him. Either way there will be lots of signage directing you to the parking areas. Please arrive at least 1 hour before the race to allow for assignment of numbers and SI dibbers and race instructions. We are aiming to start the ladies race at 11am and the mens at 11:15am. We will assemble at the start areas 5 minutes before the race for a briefing and safety message that would be great. The presentation will be in the main tent at 2:30pm, thanks to Garry Wilkinson (GW FitnessandRehab) and the additional support the race has received from Up and Running Clitheroe, PB Sports and Inov8 we are now offering not only the top 10 first men and women but 1st, 2nd and 3rd place vets also. Thats potentially 65 prizes, plus we will throw a few spot prizes in too. Please stick around after the race and have a pint in the Pendle Inn, get some food from the cabin or the pub and support the presentation.

I would also like to thank all the marshals from the local clubs that have supported the race, I hope you have a good run and look forward to seeing you Saturday.
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Very much enjoyed my run round the Pendle 3 Peaks on Saturday. It was a bit swamp-like underfoot in places even for Pendle and I went knee deep a couple of times, but I reckon that probably counts as getting away with it. I'm far from being on best form at the moment and am still recovering from a chastening experience at the Borrowdale a few weeks back, but I actually felt like I had some oomph on the climbs for the first time in a while. One thing that caught me out a bit though was the location of CP2. Am I imagining it or at one point was it further upstream on Howcroft Brook rather than down at the fence corner (which is one of the CPs on the Tour of Pendle)? I might be confusing it with a different Pendle race but the only other time I've done the Pendle 3 Peaks (2014) I'm sure the CP was about half way down the Clough and then you had to contour across through the bracken to pick up the line up onto Mearley Moor. I only ask because if I'm right it might give me an excuse for being 11 minutes slower than the last time I did the race. If I'm wrong I'm likely left with no alternative other than I'm old and slow.....