Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tdf 16

Banned

Tdf 16

I watched the high lights of stage 8 where Sky were first class.
    The descent by Frome was special.
    That's not to take anything away from Cav's 3 wins
    Or
    The fine breakaway win by Cummings.
    Been great viewing over the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I watched the high lights of stage 8 where Sky were first class.
    The descent by Frome was special.
    That's not to take anything away from Cav's 3 wins
    Or
    The fine breakaway win by Cummings.
    Been great viewing over the first week.
    I believe over 40 years (1974?) since one nation has taken 5 of the first 8 stages...any one Froome to win again today?

I'm just glad that Froome managed to stay on the bike on that 10 mile descent. Sat on the cross bar and pedalling at probably 45mph was amazing. He certainly played his joker card on that stage. Quintana and the rest of the following group just thought his sprint to the top of the hill was it, but no, he kept going and going. Worth it for the extra 10 seconds bonus. Will he have done too much yesterday to keep it going today......?
    See the light in the night

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Best week of racing in a grand tour I can remember in a while and I guess Adam Yates won't be going anywhere near a bouncy castle in the near future! An unprecedented 3 British shirts still as well but I suspect Cav will soon lose out to Sagan although there is potential for another couple of stage wins this week - Montpellier (Wednesday) is usually a sprint finish. Steve Cummings solo victory was sublime of course.

Tom Dumoulin's ride in the rain and hail yesterday was fantastic and shows his performance in the Vuelta last year was no fluke. Quite fancy him to pip Froome in the mountain time trial next week.

I'm already looking forward to Mont Ventoux on Thursday immensely. Hope to see Quintana finally come out to play but it's Bastille day so the French will be throwing 'l'évier' at it. Bardet or Pinot look like a good bet.
    Last edited by PeteS; 11-07-2016 at 10:56 PM.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I'm already looking forward to Mont Ventoux on Thursday immensely. Hope to see Quintana finally come out to play but it's Bastille day so the French will be throwing 'l'évier' at it. Bardet or Pinot look like a good bet.
    Just been looking at this weeks stages again and may be this is one for a breakaway with no GC pretensions as it's the first TT on Thursday and most of the favourites may be keeping their powder dry for that? Would be good to see Thomas Voeckler have a go.
    Last edited by PeteS; 13-07-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Well didn't see that coming! Another interesting days racing but disappointed that le grand vent de Ventoux means a curtailed stage tomorrow.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Best 1st week in a grand tour for blooming ages. Froome is full of surprises and it's making for some exciting racing. I'm never sure what is coming next ... bit like Quintana really ;-)

Loving it. Shame about tomorrow's stage but no point in going for that one if it will look like a mass scene from the "Wizard of Oz"

Keep it up TdF ...
    wizard of oz.jpg

Froome is full of surprises and it's making for some exciting racing. I'm never sure what is coming next ... bit like Quintana really ;-)

After today...what else can he do to suprise you ???

Some of those spectators are just insane...desperate to get their face on TV

Quote Originally Posted by creaky View Post
    Froome is full of surprises and it's making for some exciting racing. I'm never sure what is coming next ... bit like Quintana really ;-)

After today...what else can he do to suprise you ???

Some of those spectators are just insane...desperate to get their face on TV
    If Froome had taken his shoes off he would have run faster and might have made up some places.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    If Froome had taken his shoes off he would have run faster and might have made up some places.
    Perhaps they should bring back toe straps, then could wear running shoes just in case?

seriously , does it count if you cross the line sans bike in a bike race?