Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2025

Banned
    Trump any one?
    Last edited by Stagger; 13-07-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I seem to remember he would have won the Labour leadership contest if it hadn't been for the unions. There's a fork in the historical road if I ever I saw one (should we choose the electable one or the unelectable one??). I trust the unions are pleased with their king-making activities in helping the Conservatives win an election and steer us out of Europe.
    Nah.

Unintelligent people are unintelligent. They tend to have idée fixe. If their foolishness is pointed out they don't suddenly develop intelligence in a damascene conversion; they remain unintelligent. This is good because one knows how they will behave and how to deal with them.

Difficult people are those who are erratic: "loose cannons". These fall into two categories known as "Johnsons" and "Goves". When dealing with the likes of these people one should assume everything is fiction or possibly the basis for a £5000 for 700 words newspaper article.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I seem to remember he would have won the Labour leadership contest if it hadn't been for the unions. There's a fork in the historical road if I ever I saw one (should we choose the electable one or the unelectable one??). I trust the unions are pleased with their king-making activities in helping the Conservatives win an election and steer us out of Europe.
    ..... and with their current internal squabbling and general chaos Labour are making themselves even less electable. As has been said the Tories will not need to worry about losing an election for decades.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    2025: the Tories are finally defeated in a General Election after the left unites behind its only credible leader: Nicola Sturgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    2025: the Tories are finally defeated in a General Election after the left unites behind its only credible leader: Nicola Sturgeon.
    Fandabidozi !!
    When the fells call, they scream.

I think the unions need to get back to looking after the best interests of their workers.

Quite why they think they are behind the scenes political fixers I don't know.

I've worked all my life, as has my wife and my three adult kids are all working and none of us have been asked to join a union.
    The only family member I know was my Dad, who was a member of RUBSSO - the Rossendale Union of Boot, Shoe and Slipper operatives who's reps caved in (some say were paid off to roll over) and oversaw a gradual erosion of employment rights and loss of jobs.

There's 100s of 1000s of particularly young workers who do not understand their rights, have no idea how to deal with management and have no help.

Instead of trying to bring down the government of the day, they should be trying to support those in work, whether union members or not.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I think the unions need to get back to looking after the best interests of their workers.

Quite why they think they are behind the scenes political fixers I don't know.

I've worked all my life, as has my wife and my three adult kids are all working and none of us have been asked to join a union.
    The only family member I know was my Dad, who was a member of RUBSSO - the Rossendale Union of Boot, Shoe and Slipper operatives who's reps caved in (some say were paid off to roll over) and oversaw a gradual erosion of employment rights and loss of jobs.

There's 100s of 1000s of particularly young workers who do not understand their rights, have no idea how to deal with management and have no help.

Instead of trying to bring down the government of the day, they should be trying to support those in work, whether union members or not.
    Well said, WP, surprising how many folk you speak to (generally employed in low paid retail work) who think they're not allowed to be a member of a Union, a misunderstanding which I think is generally fuelled/ helped along by management, when I served my time, the Union reps almost press-ganged you into joining, now they seem to be invisible or gainfully employed in feathering their own nests.