Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rob Jebb BGR Saturday 16t

Banned
    Massive Respect and a awesome effort. Well done Robb

I was supporting Jim Masters on his sub 22 hour round when Rob and his support cruised by just after Red Pike. Had a brief chat with one of the supporters while Rob and Jim were collecting Steeple. Incredible achievement to witness.

Wow. brilliantly done. This year has been great for long-distance fell running challenges, even for me

_|_
    ./\.

I had a wonderful 'BG moment' at Honister on Saturday. I was up there supporting a friend (Les Barker) who was fighting hard out on Leg 4. Les had a rough Leg 1 with bad weather and was around 50 mins down on a 23hrs 40 schedule at Dunmail. He was slowly gaining ground and trying his hardest to get under 24 hrs. At the same time, I was chatting to Billy Bland who told me he was waiting to see Rob come through. Billy chatted to me as though he was an old mate. I waited and saw Rob fly though grabbing only a small cup of water. Rob put in an awesome display that boggles the mind of a mortal. But seeing the two ends of the BG spectrum reaffirmed what a wonderful club this is. Billy, Rob and Les - all rightful owners of the BG crown in their own way. (p.s. Les powered in at 23hrs 26 mins - not bad for a 47 year old self-confessed Endomorph).

good to see Rob putting in some training runs before his real attempt......

fantastic run....I reckon the record could go in the next year....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I had a wonderful 'BG moment' at Honister on Saturday. I was up there supporting a friend (Les Barker) who was fighting hard out on Leg 4. Les had a rough Leg 1 with bad weather and was around 50 mins down on a 23hrs 40 schedule at Dunmail. He was slowly gaining ground and trying his hardest to get under 24 hrs. At the same time, I was chatting to Billy Bland who told me he was waiting to see Rob come through. Billy chatted to me as though he was an old mate. I waited and saw Rob fly though grabbing only a small cup of water. Rob put in an awesome display that boggles the mind of a mortal. But seeing the two ends of the BG spectrum reaffirmed what a wonderful club this is. Billy, Rob and Les - all rightful owners of the BG crown in their own way. (p.s. Les powered in at 23hrs 26 mins - not bad for a 47 year old self-confessed Endomorph).
    Great post, captures so much.

Steve