Thread: Rope for BGR 30th July

Rope for BGR 30th July

My friend and I are going for an attempt starting at 2300 on Fri (29th). The aim is to get round in 2330.Unfortuately our rope guy has had to unexpectedly pull out so we were wondering if anyone else was doing an attempt at the same time, and was willing to let us also use their rope guy?
    Mark 07736030581

On that sort of schedule going up broad stand is not going to make much difference. Just do Foxes or Lords Rake.

There is probably a minute or maybe two difference between the three options. The problem with Broad Stand isn't so much the rope (or lack of) but that it's a bottleneck and if you have more than a couple of people there, either on the round or climbers descending after finishing a route on the East Buttress, then you get held up.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Pat,Bob, thank you for your help, it's given us more confidence.If you had to choose would you go for Lords Rake or Foxes?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEllison View Post
    Pat,Bob, thank you for your help, it's given us more confidence.If you had to choose would you go for Lords Rake or Foxes?
    reckon you will get a 50/50 vote....

Lords rake for me as it's interesting....foxes is a grind

If you go all the way to the foot of the gully that drops down from Foxes Tarn you are losing too much height, there's a scramble that cuts under the East Buttress which avoids much of the height loss - it's part of the climber's descent from the left end of the East Buttress. I'd agree that from the tarn (puddle) onward is a grind.

Lord's Rake/West Wall Traverse is much looser so you need to be confident on doing easy scrambling on less than perfect rock.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    reckon you will get a 50/50 vote....

Lords rake for me as it's interesting....foxes is a grind
    We had the same question on the BG FB page the other week, most on there me included said Lords Rake.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    If you go all the way to the foot of the gully that drops down from Foxes Tarn you are losing too much height, there's a scramble that cuts under the East Buttress which avoids much of the height loss - it's part of the climber's descent from the left end of the East Buttress..
    Not sure I would recommend that if they are doing it without a recce.

Thanks all,we've managed to organise some of our support crew to recce it whilst we are on leg 3, meet us on Scafell Pike and guide us across.